System reboots after bzroot.... ok

Hi, complete unRAID noob here, and I'm having problems booting without the GUI. The GUI boots fine but I need to be able to boot from the non-gui version. When I attempt to boot normally (or when I let it sit there for the 5 seconds), it says bzimage....  ok   then reboots a split second after saying bzroot.... ok. I tried booting in this manner from my laptop, and it worked but not from my server. I have been looking around and have seen some people saying to use 6.3.0 rc1, but i cant find that anywhere. The unRAID version I'm using is 6.3.2  Any ideas?

Edited by sazrocks

There are a few threads that discuss this, but there hasn't been any one thing that fixes the issue. For me it was downloading the most recent version from Limetech website, extracting, changing the name on my syslinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg_bak, and copying the syslinux.cfg from the downloaded version into the same location as the backup. I have seen others that have updated, or reset their bios and it worked for them. Others have found no magic bullet yet. I have a X11 SuperMicro motherboard, the others I have seen posted are ASUS.

11 hours ago, sazrocks said:

Hi, complete unRAID noob here, and I'm having problems booting without the GUI. The GUI boots fine but I need to be able to boot from the non-gui version. When I attempt to boot normally (or when I let it sit there for the 5 seconds), it says bzimage....  ok   then reboots a split second after saying bzroot.... ok. I tried booting in this manner from my laptop, and it worked but not from my server. I have been looking around and have seen some people saying to use 6.3.0 rc1, but i cant find that anywhere. The unRAID version I'm using is 6.3.2  Any ideas?

As was mentioned this is a known problem, although it only seems to affect some motherboards.    We are hoping that a newer kernel in a future unRAID release may correct the issue.

Any specific reason you do not want to boot the GUI version?   Doing so does not stop anything working as it would in headless mode.

2 hours ago, itimpi said:

As was mentioned this is a known problem, although it only seems to affect some motherboards.    We are hoping that a newer kernel in a future unRAID release may correct the issue.

Any specific reason you do not want to boot the GUI version?   Doing so does not stop anything working as it would in headless mode.

I'm trying to set up something similar to the 2 Gamers, 1 CPU machine that LTT made, except with much weaker hardware. because of how my IOMMU groups are laid out, I need unRAID to not be stuck to one of my graphics cards.

9 hours ago, burtjr said:

There are a few threads that discuss this, but there hasn't been any one thing that fixes the issue. For me it was downloading the most recent version from Limetech website, extracting, changing the name on my syslinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg_bak, and copying the syslinux.cfg from the downloaded version into the same location as the backup. I have seen others that have updated, or reset their bios and it worked for them. Others have found no magic bullet yet. I have a X11 SuperMicro motherboard, the others I have seen posted are ASUS.

Well, resetting the bios worked. That makes no sense since most of hte settings it changed were back to settings that should be hostile to unRAID. I do have an ASUS board. In fact, here are my full specs for the record:

CPU: i7 6700k stock(for now)

Mobo: Asus Z170-A

RAM: 24GB Hyperx Fury Black 2133MHz DDR4

GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

HDD: Some crappy laptop HDD with two 150G win10 VMs. 

Don't worry about the HDD, by the way, I know its bad, but this is just a proof of concept machine.

Anyways I will try to narrow down the bios setting that caused this and will report back.