First let me tell you about my system

I7 6800K

MSI x99 Gaming7

Corsair 2x16GB 2400mhz memory

2x MSI 720GT 

Asus Strix 1060 

3x 3TB WD RED

2x 250GB Evo 850 SSD

1x 250GB EVO 850 SSD (outside array only for win10 gaming VM)

Im running 2x win10 vm's one on the cache pool and another on a ssd outside array as my gaming vm

I've been running my setup since september with no issues until 2 weeks ago when i started getting kicked out of the game with this error

"An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system. You cannot play on secure servers.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2117-ilzv-2837 "

I've tried everything in this link but i have two commands thats always returns successful but should return error, this is as well causing issues with faceit cheat client as is crashes and 

they say i should run the debug off command to fix it but it always returns successful 

bcdedit /debug off

bcdedit /deletevalue nx

I've even gone so far to format my vm and put in new ssd and new vm but with same results.

I came across this when i was trying to find solution on the internet

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/135510393198367927/

So it seems that Valve have decided to put virtual machines on a black list so if the vac system detect your running cs on a virtual machine you get kicked out.

Is there any way for me to fix this or is my beautiful unraid system unusable  

• Upvote 1

I just joined a CS GO game online from my Windows 10 virtual machine running on unRAID no problem, but I don't play that often and usually train offline with bots so I rarely go online. They may have technology that allows them to detect hypervisors, they do have hypervisors in their list and KVM is a hypervisor although I find it odd they would even care.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. Tried hiding the fact that it's a VM with the methods listed in this reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/VFIO/comments/5xzwp9/vac_authentication_error_on_windows10_guest_in/

FTR that meant:

• adding <feature policy='disable' name='hypervisor'/> in the <cpu> tag
  • removing the whole<hyperv> tag from <features>
  • removing <timer name='hypervclock' present='yes'/> from <clock>
  • adding <kvm><hidden state='on'/></kvm> in <features>
  • and spoofing the bios vendor and mb manufacturer using https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsSysinfo

Every time I make changes it works for an hour or so, but eventually VAC kicks me out.

I really don't want to dual boot, I'd have bought different (cheaper) hardware for that.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, unknown said:

I have the same problem, someone knows how to fix it?? 

It really looks like Valve doesn't care about the proper uses of Hypervisors and succeeds at blocking them.

I just added another SSD with Windows on it to play competitive CSGO.. far from ideal (and in some cases totally unacceptable, but I could live without my services while playing). Upside is that it's smoother than how it worked in a VM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/19/2017 at 5:18 AM, WiFivomFranMan said:

I installed a Linux machine and play on it.  My RX480 works pretty good on it.

I can confirm this works.

Also today I tried a Windows 10 VM and it didn't kick me during deathmatch nor after a full competitive match (pretty long one too: 16-12).