Leaderboards!

jonp

Hey guys, you may have noticed a new feature at the top of the site called "Leaderboards".  This ties into our reputation system.  The more rep you receive, the more likely you will be featured on the leaderboard.  There is a daily leaderboard as well as a lifetime reputation tracker.  Check it out and let us know what you think!

• Upvote 1

How does rep work, I've noticed it seems very under utilized here. Guys with years of xp and thousands of posts have reps of 4 and 5. So far I've been giving it for the most helpful responses to my questions, and also to devs for their plugins. Then I wondered might it put me in the negative (since no one seems to be using it, I wonder if it costs me rep to give rep).

Every "like" that you give to a post up's the reputation by 1.  It "costs" you nothing to give one for any posting that you find helpful.

This is a new feature that came into effect with the transition to the new forum software a couple of weeks ago, which is why the reps are low at the moment.

2 hours ago, Dissones4U said:

How does rep work, I've noticed it seems very under utilized here. Guys with years of xp and thousands of posts have reps of 4 and 5. So far I've been giving it for the most helpful responses to my questions, and also to devs for their plugins. Then I wondered might it put me in the negative (since no one seems to be using it, I wonder if it costs me rep to give rep).

As Squid said, it just started, about the same time you did, and we are all just now getting used to this new forum software.  We've never had a reputation feature before.  But your giving rep has been much appreciated!  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

It is. Thanks.

Still wishing for desktop viewing though.

I agree. As you can see in my screenshot, my tablet has plenty of real-estate to be used in exactly the same way as the desktop does but it goes unused. The responsive design needs to be tweeked. In this situation it should simply display the desktop sections as is when there is plenty of space available, which clearly there is.

On 3/11/2017 at 10:22 AM, BRiT said:

I agree. As you can see in my screenshot, my tablet has plenty of real-estate to be used in exactly the same way as the desktop does but it goes unused. The responsive design needs to be tweeked. In this situation it should simply display the desktop sections as is when there is plenty of space available, which clearly there is.

Probably would be better suited posting this on the IPS forums as a feature request.  We can't do anything about it on our side at this point.