DONT UPGRADE - Serious Issue with new UNRAID Upgrade???

EDIT: I apologize for the sensationalized and misleading title.

EDIT 2: I used the commands below from this article to force a restart.

echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq 
echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger

Symptoms include

-webGUI not reachable

-shfs process at 100% cpu

-docker kill commands not working

-kill-reboot-shutdown commands not working

Here are people posting about this issue

Edited by ZipsServer

So then its fair to say its a small group who are experiencing issues? On the whole I think most people can upgrade worry free. It also difficult to draw the conclusion that the upgrade itself is the cause of these issues, perhaps some of these people were experiencing minor issues before the upgrade which made them worse. Each case really needs to be examined on an individual basis to see if there are related issues. Five or six people experiencing problems after an upgrade is not evidence that there is a problem with the latest version of unRAID.

Agree -- the upgrade has been out for over 3 weeks and clearly a LOT of folks have upgraded with no issue.   A handful of folks who have seen issues with their systems that may or may not have any relationship with the actual version is hardly evidence that there's a fundamental problem with the latest version.    In the few times that a release HAS had a significant issue it was very clear within a day from the feedback on the forum, and a fix was issued VERY quickly.    After 3 weeks it's safe to say this release doesn't have any such problems.

Throwing my hat in the ring. I woke up to the same problem this morning.

I've tried running "diagnostics" to no avail (won't complete), I have tried sending the kill signal to shfs and it won't respond, and I have tried "powerdown" which also will not complete.

I have no access to SMB shares or the WebGUI, but I can access SSH.

Any ideas on next steps?

9 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

What problem? You should really start your own thread and provide the details of your system, hardware unRAID version etc. Joining someone else's thread with comments like:

'woke up to the same problem' is really not helpful at all.

We need details about what your 'problem' is.

Fair enough.