Wanted: option to change SMART attribute for temp reporting

1 hour ago, HellDiverUK said:

Folks,

I have a Samsung PM851 SAMSUNG_MZNTE256HMHP which reports "Airflow temp" under SMART attribute 190, rather than the normal attribute 194 that's used on my HDDs.

Is it possible to get some way of changing which attribute is used to report temp?

Thanks!

Are you referring to the temperature display in the main page?

3 hours ago, bonienl said:

Are you referring to the temperature display in the main page?

Indeed, yes.  Those Samsung drives can run toasty, so I'd like to keep an eye on the temps.  Currently it just has a * - assuming the front page is using 194 and not picking up 190? 

The same issue applies to my ADATA SX8000 NVMe SSD, it uses a different SMART number (don't remember which, sorry!).

While I haven't seen the code involved, it would surprise me if both 190 and 194 were not checked, probably have been for a long time, as both have commonly been used by different manufacturers for quite awhile.  I suspect this was another case of out of sync spin state (drive spun up but emhttp not informed).  If unRAID doesn't know a drive has been spun up, it won't show a temp.

Edited by RobJ
add phrase
On 12/03/2017 at 5:00 PM, bonienl said:

Yes, both attribute 190 and 194 are checked to find the temperature value.

Very likely the explanation of RobJ is causing the temperature to be displayed as '*'.

What value is set for "Tunable (poll_attributes)" (see Disk settings)?

Poll_attributes is set at 1800.

The temp is being read OK now from the Samsung.  The ADATA's temp never worked, though who knows what weirdness is going on with that drive. :)