UPS connection help

I am having problems getting my ups working with my unraid setup. the ups is listed as a connected usb device as Fry's Electronics. I have tried every option under the UPS cable and UPS type all with the same message coming up saying "Lost communication".

anyone that can help with this problem would be great

Sadly, the manual doesn't give much away.  It mentions the interface, but nothing about compatibility with any particular software.  And it is rather anonymous with no reference to the manufacturer.  

Unless someone else know anything about this UPS, my working assumption would be that it is probably not compatible with the apcupsd software.

On 10/03/2017 at 9:47 PM, mr-hexen said:

What about the NUT plugin ?

Thanks for all the help so fare. i was having a look around and found that the ups is designed as a Line-Interactive UPS, im note sure if that can help in finding the correct way to get unraid talking to it. I have also installed the windows software for it and i think there might be some .DLL driver files in there. im pritty sure windows drivers are not found in .DLL files

1 hour ago, crash987_9 said:

Thanks for all the help so fare. i was having a look around and found that the ups is designed as a Line-Interactive UPS, im note sure if that can help in finding the correct way to get unraid talking to it. I have also installed the windows software for it and i think there might be some .DLL driver files in there. im pritty sure windows drivers are not found in .DLL files

I expect most of us are using "line-interactive" since that is what most consumer brands do. Of course, windows software, DLLs or otherwise, will not help you on unRAID. Might be simpler to just return it and get something more standard. They aren't very expensive.

• 2 months later...
On 5.03.2017 at 8:40 AM, crash987_9 said:

I am having problems getting my ups working with my unraid setup. the ups is listed as a connected usb device as Fry's Electronics. I have tried every option under the UPS cable and UPS type all with the same message coming up saying "Lost communication".

anyone that can help with this problem would be great

I'm not sure if you're still facing that issue - but I've resolved mine. I have a Lupus 500 UPS which is displayed as "Fry Electronics". 

Try to download NUT by pasting this link and choose blazer_usb driver. It should come up at the bottom of the page.

FYI - I'm on unRAID 6.3.4.

FYI 2 -Tested with power outage, array is first being stopped and then system is shut down.

Edited by saleen1451