[Support] Ninthwalker Docker Repository [plexReport, slack-invite, DashBtn]

7 hours ago, ninthwalker said:

If you followed the instructions you probably have a 'plexreport_schedule.cron file on your flash drive in config/plugins somewhere that got loaded at startup. Find the file, delete it and then at the console type 'update_cron' .

Thanks. Worked great.

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent, thanks! Got it all working.

So I wrote a shell script "rightguard.sh" to turn on a light. That works on its own and DashBtn's log shows the correct button ("Right_Guard") is being pressed, but the script isn't being executed. Any ideas?

rawSocket = socket.socket(socket.AF_PACKET, socket.SOCK_RAW, socket.htons(0x0003))
buttons={"14bb6e0684af_192.168.0.1":["Right_Guard",0,["/config/rightguard.sh"]],
         "entermacaddyhere_192.168.0.1":["TV - Tide",0,["/config/tide.sh"]],
         "entermacaddyhere_192.168.0.1":["Mickey Mouse - Glad",0,["/config/glad.sh"]]}

36 minutes ago, neilt0 said:

Excellent, thanks! Got it all working.

So I wrote a shell script "rightguard.sh" to turn on a light. That works on its own and DashBtn's log shows the correct button ("Right_Guard") is being pressed, but the script isn't being executed. Any ideas?

rawSocket = socket.socket(socket.AF_PACKET, socket.SOCK_RAW, socket.htons(0x0003))
buttons={"14bb6e0684af_192.168.0.1":["Right_Guard",0,["/config/rightguard.sh"]],
         "entermacaddyhere_192.168.0.1":["TV - Tide",0,["/config/tide.sh"]],
         "entermacaddyhere_192.168.0.1":["Mickey Mouse - Glad",0,["/config/glad.sh"]]}

Since the log is showing that it correctly captured the button press, it must be something with the script execution.

You said the script worked on it's own. Did you execute that test from within the docker? ie, docker exec into the docker, cd /config and ./rightguard.sh ?

Off the top of my head maybe try some of the following:

Make sure you have restarted the docker after you modify a script.

Restarting should apply correct permissions to the script. But you can check to make sure if you docker exec into the container, cd /config and "ls -ls"

Your script should be executable and look similar to the below permissions:

-rwxrwxr-x    1 xyz      xyz            892 Mar 25 08:11 baby_tvshow_goldfish.sh

If all that is good and it still doesn't work, try going more basic. If you put in your mac address into the tide.sh example line, all that script does is echo "tide" to the console in the docker. See if that works. If that works, then something is possible funky with the script you wrote.

Thanks for the help. I hadn't really connected to a Docker in this way, so it's all new to me. Are the permissions wrong here, and if so, how do I fix? Thanks!

228 -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        227043 May 13 21:26 dashbtn.log
     4 -rwxrwxr-x    1 xyz      xyz           1974 May 13 20:05 dashbtn.py
     4 -rwxrwxrwx    1 1000     xyz           2222 May 13 21:22 demo.sh
     4 -rwxrwxr-x    1 xyz      xyz             20 Apr 10 19:07 glad.sh
     4 -rwxrwxr-x    1 xyz      xyz             24 Apr 10 19:07 goldfish.sh
     0 drwxrwxrwx    1 1000     xyz            102 Mar 31  2016 hue_bashlibrary-master
    12 -rwxrwxrwx    1 1000     xyz          11121 Mar 31  2016 hue_bashlibrary.sh
    28 -rwxrwxrwx    1 1000     xyz          26864 May 13 19:52 huepl
     4 -rwxrwxrwx    1 1000     xyz             32 May 13 21:11 rightguard.sh
     4 -rwxrwxr-x    1 xyz      xyz             20 Apr 10 19:07 tide.sh

/config # demo.sh link
sh: demo.sh: not found
/config #

1 hour ago, neilt0 said:

Thanks for the help. I hadn't really connected to a Docker in this way, so it's all new to me. Are the permissions wrong here, and if so, how do I fix? Thanks!

Assuming you didn't change the GUID or PUID in the docker template, it should be setting all your scripts to xyz:xyz after a restart.

Try the following:

docker exec -it DashBtn bash
cd /config
./rightguard.sh

Does that run your rightguard script?

If it errors, then try

./tide.sh

That should just echo "tide" to the console.Assuming that works, then we can try changing the owner on your rightguard.sh

chown xyz:xyz rightguard.sh

then try running it again

./rightguard.sh

Does that work now?

Also, did you ever try putting your mac address into the tide section of dashbtn.py and have that work as expected with "tide" outputting to the console inside the docker container?

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

Looking at dashbtn because it's exactly what I want to achieve & looks great.

Clearly it's looking for ARP packets (as that's all the button does when it wakes up)

However, it's not seeing any ARP packets.

Unraid 6.4, and there are two VLANs, the native one and vlan 333.

I gave dashbtn the br0.333 network type and an ip address on the subnet, and can ping successfully to & from.

However, when I run the dashbtn.py program & hit the button, the log file has no entry for the button, only "dashbtn service started" messages.

I got tcpdump onto the unraid CLI and that definitely sees the ARP packets:

root@s1:~# tcpdump -i br0.333 -v arp
tcpdump: listening on br0.333, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 262144 bytes
22:12:12.168356 ARP, Ethernet (len 6), IPv4 (len 4), Request who-has 192.168.200.1 tell 192.168.200.129, length 42

But the dashbtn log file never gets to see it.

I can't run tcpdump in the docker to prove it's getting the ARP packets, so I'm a bit stumped.

Any suggestions very welcome and gratefully received, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or unexpected!

(Not s clue about the nuts & bolts of docker, otherwise I might try & reverse engineer it to add tcpdump, but I'd probably only break it!)

Thanks in advance.

• 7 months later...

@ninthwalker

I was wondering if you know of a way to make dashbtn.py trigger the .sh script once?

I have it triggering an IFTTT notification but the button sends an arp about 4-6 times and each arp fires the webhook sending several notifications.

I don't know much of anything about the script you wrote but I'm researching it a little and thought I would ask if you know how it can be paused for 5 seconds after it see's the first arp so it only fires the .sh once?

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone,

is the DashBtn docker still supported? I've tried it but the log file is posting the below error a hundred times a second, making it grow to massive size within minutes. Unraid 6.8.1

2020-01-14 23:01:00 --  length of arp_header is 25 while the size of the struct is 28
2020-01-14 23:01:00 --  length of arp_header is 25 while the size of the struct is 28

I guess it's dead? :(

Edit: This one from docker hub works a treat. Mine Webhooks to Domoticz to WOL a VM :) However, the DashBtn one is a case for the @dockerPolice.

Edited by Blacksus
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 6:07 PM, Blacksus said:

Hi everyone,

is the DashBtn docker still supported? I've tried it but the log file is posting the below error a hundred times a second, making it grow to massive size within minutes. Unraid 6.8.1

I guess it's dead? :(

Edit: This one from docker hub works a treat. Mine Webhooks to Domoticz to WOL a VM :) However, the DashBtn one is a case for the @dockerPolice.

Deprecating this app until such time as someone informs that it's functional and/or fixed.

• Like 1