Phoenix19

Virtualizing Unraid in XenServer

Recommended Posts

I forgot about being able to access the web gui from another PC. I actually did that before when I had first started using unRAID. Accessing the GUI is very smooth.

 

 

So  I just bought the unRAID Server plus.

 

I also understood the pass-through somewhat and now after your explanation it does make more sense. Once again rookie mistake. Lol. :D:).

 

The only way I was able to use the 10 Gbit network adapter was by enabling it in pass through and then was able to select it as a pci device.Hopefully that 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm going to look into the VMware tools. It wouldn't let me install the tools through the default install procedure.

 

I got the following error  below.I looked into a little and some of the forums say it could be an issue with the flash drive or it could be an issue with the tools where it maybe didn't install from the ISO image. 

 

 

However as you mentioned It sounds like unRAID requires maybe some special tools  after looking at the link -  https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/36603-open-vm-tools-for-unraid-6/ 

 

Mount Tools Installer
Key

haTask-1-vim.VirtualMachine.mountToolsInstaller-198814473

Description

Mounts the tools CD installer as a CD-ROM for the guest

Virtual machine:
State

Failed - The required VMware Tools ISO image does not exist or is inaccessible.

Errors

 

  • Unable to install VMware Tools. An error occurred while trying to access image file "/usr/lib/vmware/isoimages/linuxPreGlibc25.iso" needed to install VMware Tools: 2 (No such file or directory). Please refer the product documentation or KB article 2129825 for details about how to get VMware Tools package for this guest operating system.
  • vix error code = 21001

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You have been an awesome resource. I didn't think I was going to be able to do all this in the time frame that I did. You were a huge help. :D:D

 

Thank you so very much. I'm sure I will probably have more questions and I won't hesitate to ask.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phoenix19 said:

The only way I was able to use the 10 Gbit network adapter was by enabling it in pass through and then was able to select it as a pci device.Hopefully that 

This is because you have multiple NICs in your system. If you wanna let all ESXi VM's are able to use 10Gbit card, you have to create new Virtual Switch on ESXi side and assign 10Gbit card to this switch(you need to disable this card pass-trough to became it available under ESXi again). and then edit your VM settings and choose new VM Network for VM Nic you just created.

3 hours ago, Phoenix19 said:

However as you mentioned It sounds like unRAID requires maybe some special tools  after looking at the link -  https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/36603-open-vm-tools-for-unraid-6/ 

 

According to link, you should install VMWare Tools as a plugin. Go to Plugins tab/Install plugin and enter this value for URL, and hit Install button: 

http://unraid.zeron.ca/plugins/open-vm-tools/openVMTools.plg
 

3 hours ago, Phoenix19 said:

You have been an awesome resource. I didn't think I was going to be able to do all this in the time frame that I did. You were a huge help. :D:D

Thank you so very much. I'm sure I will probably have more questions and I won't hesitate to ask.

 

 

No problems, you are welcome :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Copyright © 2005-2017 Lime Technology, Inc. unRAID® is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc.