No iGPU or graphics card, will it work with existing install.

Hi,

I have unRAID working well on my current setup which is an Intel G3900 on an Asrock H-110 ITX motherboard, with an LSI 9207-8i SAS card. I used the video output of the iGPU to setup the PC originally, but since then I have been running it headless, and accessing it only by the WebUI, ssh and occasionally VNC.

My hypothetical question is, if I was to swap the CPU for one with no iGPU would the PC still boot and be accessible via the WebUI and ssh as it is currently, given that everything is working well.

The reason I ask, is that I'm after more cores than my current two, so that I can retire/sell my quad core Mac Mini (can't believe the price these are going for second hand!), run a FreeBSD vm for web and email hosting, while still have enough cores left over to use Plex and Handbrake dockers adequately.

I'm thinking of an AMD Ryzen 1700 if/when Limetech testing proves positive and ITX boards are released.

Edit to point out that I know the Ryzen won't fit in my current board haha.

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by giantkingsquid