[SOLVE] how to access unmenu after so many years

Hello,

My server 5.0.4 run successfully for many years. Aside from 1 red ball failure, the server ran flawlessly throughout these years.

I configured unmenu back then to add UPS backup and emailing.

I have just begin to build a second server in anticipating the current server will soon fail due to old age and have install unraid 6.3.2. 

From 6.3.2 I'm trying to set up the email thingy. However I got authorization fail problem.

That when I want to get to unmenu on the current server to see what I did there to get the 5.0.4 to send me updated.

thing like name and email server and login info. etc...

but when I try tower:8080 I got tower refuse to connect.

when I click on the log icon on main menu I have this

/usr/bin/tail -f /var/log/syslog
Mar 2 00:35:35 chopstick unmenu-status: Exiting unmenu web-server, exit status code = 2
Mar 2 00:35:35 chopstick unmenu[3269]: unmenu.awk unable to open port. It may already be running
Mar 2 00:35:45 chopstick unmenu-status: Starting unmenu web-server
Mar 2 00:35:47 chopstick unmenu[3269]: awk: ./unmenu.awk:1722: fatal: division by zero attempted
Mar 2 00:35:47 chopstick unmenu-status: Exiting unmenu web-server, exit status code = 2
Mar 2 00:35:47 chopstick unmenu[3269]: unmenu.awk unable to open port. It may already be running
Mar 2 00:35:57 chopstick unmenu-status: Starting unmenu web-server
Mar 2 00:36:17 chopstick unmenu[3269]: awk: ./unmenu.awk:1722: fatal: division by zero attempted
Mar 2 00:36:17 chopstick unmenu-status: Exiting unmenu web-server, exit status code = 2
Mar 2 00:36:17 chopstick unmenu-error: Fatal error:Exiting uu, unmenu may already be running, exit status=2

can some one help me figure this out.

is there a way for me to get to the email config or get unmenu running via direct connect ?

Thanks you 

Edited by Obi_One

UnMenu has not been updated to be compatible with the latest unRAID releases. 

i suspect that there may well be a Config file related to unMenu on the flash drive somewhere.   If there is it is likely to be a text file that you can open to find the email settings.

Hello Itimpi,

I'm not running unmenu on the 6.3.2.

I'm not planninng to run unmenu on 6.3.2.

The unmenu is running on the 5.0.4 

I 'm merely trying to access the 5.0.4 unmenu to extract all the configuration of the 5.0.4 email setup so that I can use config data to set up email on 6.3.2. via 6.3.2 integrated email . 

I happened to look at sys.log last night before sleep.

it's seem that unmenu some time got shut down, so I'll issue a shutdown and then restart and see if I can access unmenu to extract the email config tonight.

I did look in the config file on the flash but I didn't get far much because I would know where the config store at.

if some one know how to I would appreciated a direction.

Hi,

I'm sorry. I am actually use the following:

http://chopstick:8080

http://chopstick/unmenu

both fails with refuse to connect.

I referred "tower" because every one familiar with tower naming convention.

I'm apology for the confusing.

I think for some reason unmenu got shutdown due to some error at some point so that's is why I could not access it. I did not receive my normal hourly update today either. 

So I think I'll just do a shutdown and restart and see what happen.

I'll post a sys.log after if I'm not successful in getting unmenu.

on a side note: compare to what we have back then to what we have now in V6 is like we were in the caveman time back then  eh ?

Worst case, on the flash drive, within the unmenu folder, there's a file called mail-ssmtp-unmenu-package.conf  If you edit it with Notepad++ on a windows box, around 17 lines down are a couple of lines starting with PACKAGE_VARIABLE  which will have all of the necessary info you're looking for.

Hello,

Restart the server. same problem.

However thanks to Squid, I am able to look at the email set up via mail.ssmtp-unmenu-package.conf and able to get the info that I am looking for .

I did try note pad but it's better to view it in the MS xcel as it process delimiter better than note pad.

Many thanks to all help.

1 hour ago, Obi_One said:

I did try note pad

Glad you got it working.  But just for future reference, if/when somebody on the forum suggests to use Notepad++ (as I did), there's a reason.  And the line delimiters was the reason...  (I never would have thought to load it into Excel though)