rootfs running out of space

Azza666

Since the 6.3 beta testing I've had this issues where the rootfs would fill up to 100% At this point that all dockers would crash out and the system is pretty much useless. At this point a diagnostics command fails due to lack of space. The only option I have at this time is to reboot the server.

This time I've managed to catch it at 86% please find diagnostics attached. Any help would be appreciated.

vhs-diagnostics-20170226-1126.zip

Edited by Azza666

df -h /var/log
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
tmpfs           128M  3.6M  125M   3% /var/log

so it doesn't appear to be out of control logging. I'm not sure what other useful information the diagnostics tell us.

at this point I'm still sitting at 86% but would expect to be at 100% before the day is out.

her is a full df -h

df.txt

Edited by Azza666

But, back on topic, best wild guess cause is this line in the log

Feb 18 01:51:07 VHS root: container "libresonic" hostpath "/mint/cache/appdata/libresonic/other-media" does not exist

I'm going to take a flyer and say that because of that, libresonic is storing stuff within RAM which is causing the issue.  It should be /mnt/cache/...

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, trurl said:

I still use this without problem.

The problem with the Checksum plugin appears to manifest when it is installed but not configured.    Therefore if you have actually configured it then I'm not surprised you have no problem.    Anyway, as this appears to not be the problem with the OP, I suggest we don't side-track this thread any further and get back on track with help on the OP..

Squid, well spotted got the /mint typo..... Looks like that may be a lick lt candidate.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. Someone mention bad paths being stored in memory. I checked all my other dockers and they were fine.

so I checked plugins and the appdata backup was referencing a path to a drive which used to be attached (no longer there) via unasssigned devices! 

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. Someone mention bad paths being stored in memory. I checked all my other dockers and they were fine.

so I checked plugins and the appdata backup was referencing a path to a drive which used to be attached (no longer there) via unasssigned devices! 

That'll do it. Have to admit that I didn't consider that possibility. Will update

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk