trying to replace cache drive, server won't boot

grither

hi guys, had a great system with an 80gb cache drive.  it was filling up, so today i tried swapping in a 250gb model

did all the mover stuff, to get files off the 80gb cache drive.  then inserted the new.  but system won't boot, hangs at the attached pic.

took unraid flash out, backed up config folder, formatted fresh, then copied over config folder.  but no luck

any advice?

IMG_7482.JPG

Other info:

tried different slot, same prob

tried formatting to ntfs and fat32 on pc, neither work

when server boots, i see the drive in the list of drives recognixed on the sata cards

drive is a samsung ssd v-nand 850 evo

any thoughts?  Maybe somehting with the master boot record?

Edited by grither

i appreciate the help but i think we have different issues....

i followed the replacement guide exactly, my problems came about when i powered down, installed the cache drive, and tried to boot.  system just won't boot with the ssd installed, but will boot without.  maddening!

plus i already have an ssd installed!  my 80gb cache drive.  trying to install a 250gb as the 80 is getting full

just totally out of ideas.  even powered down, removed old cache ssd, inserted new in same slot, would not boot. 

then removed new drive, inserted old, and booted right up.

is there something i should be doing to prepare the ssd before putting into server?  i installed my first one so long ago, i have no recollection of what i did.  should i format through my pc and if so, what file system?