Windows 10 VM sound issue after upgrade to 6.3.2

johnc12

I was running a Windows 10 VM under 6.2.4 without any problems (other then not being able to shutdown VM as it will hold on to the card (Nvidia 560ti). Since I've upgraded to the latest version of Unraid whenever I switched inputs on my A/V receiver and come back to Windows 10 VM the sound stops working and cannot be recovered (sounds  does work until input switch). The only solution is to reboot the VM and then the sound comes back. 

I've applied the MSI fix for audio mentioned in the Guest wiki and the card shows with a negative number, I've even completed this for the high definition audio controller as well to see if it would help. I've tried with Hyper-V both on and off and seems to make no difference either, once I switch back to the input the sounds stops working (x through the sound icon and windows cannot recover).

I've pass-through a 4 port PCI-E USB 3.0 card and I've pass-through my Nvidia 560Ti to this vm.

Bios: SeaBIOS

Machine: I've tried both the ifx and q35 and neither seem to resolve.

CPU: I7 3770 with 3 cpus pinned.

I've attached my xml and diagnostics.

windows 10.xml

heisenberg-diagnostics-20170222-1419.zip

• 1 month later...
On 25/03/2017 at 10:56 AM, czarci said:

I have very similar issue, is there any solution?

I was never able to resolve this, I bought a used 760 online and the issue is now gone. It seems the 560 ti is just too old now. Whatever changed in KVM or unraid in 6.3.2 broke the 560 series now (at least for myself).