First Unread?

tdallen

I've seen other modern board implementations that, when clicking the thread title, bring the user to the first unread message rather than the start of the thread.  I know you can get there by clicking the little ball/star, but does IPS support that on the thread title?  If so, does anybody like the idea?

Click on Activities, then the unread drop down.  Set it to go to the first unread post.  Then save it as a new custom activity, and finally set it to be the default activity.  Hence forth, the Unread Content link at the top and bottom of the page will show the custom activity and subsequently take you to the first unread post of a thread.  (I actually bookmark the link and have it on the bookmarks bar for even easier access - But then I spend a lot of time here :/

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to post this here as it seems related. I think you guys are taking about a web browser in this thread. I'm seeing an issue in Tapatalk where taking me to the "First Unread" typically takes me to the latest post regardless if that's where I should be or not. Any way to fix that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop using Tapatalk.

I don't use Tapatalk. I stopped using TT around 6 months ago after their continued questionable business practices. We even uninstalled it from the forums we run. I find myself having a substantially better forum experience by simply using Chrome browser on my portable.

Stop using Tapatalk.

I don't use Tapatalk. I stopped using TT around 6 months ago after their continued questionable business practices. We even uninstalled it from the forums we run. I find myself having a substantially better forum experience by simply using Chrome browser on my portable.

Care to elaborate/link to the questionable practices?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

This was the last straw for us, essentially duplicating all our content and serving it on their website by default and they continued to do so after we uninstalled tapatalk. We had to reinstall the addon in order to disable it and opt out and then had to send a request to them to remove all content. We were made aware of this from other forum admins. Here is their initial public spin of this policy: https://blog.tapatalk.com/tapatalk-seo-monetization-update/

Heres a public post about this from another forum admin: https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/tapatalk-content-duplication-copying-all-our-site-data.59635/

We always hated their non-signature signature spam by default across the forums too.