Cannot create posts

Jetjockey

Hello.

Right, I'm trying to use the newly hosted forums today to try and get advice on which VM template to use and how to configure it to run Linux Mint. However..... it appears I can only create a post in certain forum areas? When I attempt to select the area I want to post in such as VM template forum, that choice is greyed out, as are several other forum areas. Does anybody have any ideas why that should be? This appears to happen when using the "Create" button at the top of the screen. What's the difference between that and the "Start Topic" button?

If I navigate to any forum that is "Greyed out" under the "Create" drop down menu, then there is no "Start Topic" selection available. Is this due to the new Web host migration?

Oh, and another one! Why when editing a post (as I'm doing now) am I confronted with an "Edit Topic" button? What happened to the simple "Save" button?

Thanks.

Edited by Jetjockey
New question

Sorry, our theory was that VM Templates would be like Docker Containers in that only template authors should be able to create threads there, but given that there are no VM template authors other than LT today and the word template could be interpreted as just the XML schema or a pre-configured vdisk, it probably makes sense to grant all users posting ability in that subforum.  Will update now.

Edit:  You should now be able to create new topics in the VM Templates subforum.