unRAID OS version 6.3.2 Stable Release Available

limetech

Anyone run the preclear plugin yet?  I just put in a 5-in-3 and I can see the drives in unassigned device but when I click preclear nothing happens.  I don't get the next window.  Yes I double posted http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39985.msg541613#msg541613 but I wasn't sure which thread was appropriate. I thought it more likely someone with 6.3.2 would see it here and be able test.  It could be the cage.  Like I said I just got it but the lights are one and the fan is spinning and I can see the drives in the bios and unassigned devices.

Thanks.

Try uninstall the plugin. Delete the plg-file from the flash and reinstall from CA. That worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated from plugin tab

rebooted and lost access.

I loggen in from ssh and issued powerdown

Then powered the server and it's doing a parity check.

I typed diagnostics but I found 2 different ones so I upload both.

I do not have time to check it right now.

It's working so it's ok for me.

Thank you lime-tech!

Should this fix the kernel panic problem in 6.3.1?

While it's remotely possible there's something in recent kernels that make a kernel panic more likely (a faulty driver revision perhaps?), I don't think we can say there's a problem in 6.3.1.  Rather, it's the detection tools just released that are finding and reporting them, when they very likely have been occurring silently up until now.  The new release of Fix Common Problems now looks for them and reports them, which I believe is the main reason we are seeing so many more.  (But of course I could be wrong ...)  Right now, the best way to avoid seeing kernel panics is to NOT use Fix Common Problems (the ostrich approach)!

Since we're bringing them up, I'll mention a 'panic summary post', my rough draft attempt to start dealing with them better.  I'm not an expert at all in this, so would really appreciate improvements to this summary, to help all of us know how to deal with them.

Kernel Panics, Call Traces, and other critical system errors

Updated from plugin tab

rebooted and lost access.

I loggen in from ssh and issued powerdown

Then powered the server and it's doing a parity check.

I typed diagnostics but I found 2 different ones so I upload both.

I do not have time to check it right now.

It's working so it's ok for me.

Thank you lime-tech!

Now that I had a look at my logs, from the last one I see lots of

Feb 18 12:34:33 TOWER root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token

which is the new security feature complaining.

This time I left the chrome tab open and when I came back it was still counting.

I think that since the introduction of the csrf token the webui needs to be programmed to refresh the page after some time or check  whether the server is up and then refresh.

I couldn't identify what went wrong with my update.

I am sure I opened a new tab to try connect to webui but I didn't work and then logged in from ssh to powerdown.

Anyway, I don't need any help here. I am just sharing my experience.

In addition, we now provide per-share control of OS X fruit optimizations.  This setting is located in the SMB Security Settings for each share.  The default is "No".  If you access shares using SMB with OS X, Finder directory listings can be significantly improved by enabling this optimization.

Holy shit this is awesome. So much faster to list everything, it's like a time warp back to unRAID 4. Thanks!

Perhaps I spoke too soon;

Feb 19 03:25:35 MiniRAID kernel: mdcmd (62): spindown 1
Feb 19 03:25:36 MiniRAID kernel: mdcmd (63): spindown 2
Feb 19 03:25:37 MiniRAID kernel: mdcmd (64): spindown 3
Feb 19 03:25:38 MiniRAID kernel: mdcmd (65): spindown 4
Feb 19 03:25:39 MiniRAID kernel: mdcmd (66): spindown 5
Feb 19 03:25:47 MiniRAID kernel: mdcmd (67): spindown 6
Feb 19 03:25:49 MiniRAID kernel: mdcmd (68): spindown 7
Feb 19 05:26:35 MiniRAID kernel: mdcmd (69): spindown 4
Feb 19 05:56:08 MiniRAID kernel: mdcmd (70): spindown 6
Feb 19 06:59:01 MiniRAID kernel: mdcmd (71): spindown 2
Feb 19 07:16:41 MiniRAID kernel: mdcmd (72): spindown 3

3b4996f630ba008c41f4935f318d4822.jpg

Disks are being told to spin down but don't do it, only when the "spin down" button is used do they do it.

Has happened in all 6.3.x releases but not 6.2.4

Help?

Disks are being told to spin down but don't do it, only when the "spin down" button is used do they do it.

Are you absolutely positive the disks are still physically spinning? I suspect there is a disconnect between the display and reality. Can you hear the drives spinning?

Are you absolutely positive the disks are still physically spinning? I suspect there is a disconnect between the display and reality. Can you hear the drives spinning?

Other than physically inspecting the drives, is there any other way to confirm?

Otherwise I'll inspect the drives physically tonight, but based on UPS draw I'd say they're spinning

Should this fix the kernel panic problem in 6.3.1?

Good news my system that had a kernel Panic is now on 6.3.2 with no problems. Thank you. I am happy that it is good again. I will keep studying for future ideas.

My apologies, someone reminded me (thanks jonathanm) that your KP was on boot, so my earlier comments were not very relevant to you.  The general KP advice would still apply - if kernel panics occur, try newer BIOS and newer kernels, and the bump in this kernel may have been what helped.  Glad you're working now, and able to upgrade.

Is anyone else noticing that unassigned HDDs do not seem to spin down correctly? I posted the issue on 6.3.1 which is when I first noticed it. The issue didn't appear on 6.2.4 and I skipped the 6.3.0 release.

When i click on the spin down arrow beside an unassigned HDD on the 'Main' tab of the GUI it appears to spin down, and the syslog shows "emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/hd_parm down sdr"

However when I then click on the 'Dashboard' tab, and then back on the 'Main' tab the HDDs once again show the 'spin down' icon i.e. they have not spun down.

Is anyone else noticing that unassigned HDDs do not seem to spin down correctly? I posted the issue on 6.3.1 which is when I first noticed it. The issue didn't appear on 6.2.4 and I skipped the 6.3.0 release.

When i click on the spin down arrow beside an unassigned HDD on the 'Main' tab of the GUI it appears to spin down, and the syslog shows "emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/hd_parm down sdr"

However when I then click on the 'Dashboard' tab, and then back on the 'Main' tab the HDDs once again show the 'spin down' icon i.e. they have not spun down.

I don't see the spin down arrow you mention but then I do have the Unassigned Devices plugin installed, as do many users. Perhaps that explains why no one else has commented.

Im thinking the disks are actually spun up, given they are reporting their temps etc

Other than physically inspecting the drives, is there any other way to confirm?

Otherwise I'll inspect the drives physically tonight, but based on UPS draw I'd say they're spinning

After I upgraded from 6.2.4 -> 6.3.2 I started seeing this error message in the log:

Feb 18 20:53:08 Tower emhttp: err: handleRequest: getpeername: Transport endpoint is not connected
Feb 18 20:53:08 Tower emhttp: err: handleRequest: getpeername: Transport endpoint is not connected

I only seem them if I am connecting to unRAID via a Window's 10 laptop, connecting to unRAID with any other OS (Linux or OSX) does not give me this error message.

Is there something I can do to prevent this error from showing up?