unRAID OS version 6.3.2 Stable Release Available

limetech

12 hours ago, RobJ said:

There's a couple of differences between the 6.1.9 and 6.3.2 lspci reports.

00:14.2 Audio device [0403]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) [1002:4383] (rev 40)
    Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device [1043:8436]
    Kernel driver in use: vfio-pci

For the Azalia audio, 6.1.9 has the vfio-pci driver assigned, 6.3.2 does not, has nothing.  I don't have VM experience yet, but I assume that's for audio passthrough, probably not working in your 6.3.2 VM.  When you move to 6.3, you may need to rework your VM's.

Thanks again for taking the time, really appreciated :) 

Allright, for some reason this is passed through to a linux VM. I've gone through my VM configs now to make sure nothing is passed through. I do not use this as this guest vm only does rar2fs. 

About the mainboard, it's worth mentioning that it is a sabertooth 990fx R2.0, not sure if that's obvious in the logs. It was required to install a bios upgrade when I first set up this machine, it was mentioned in a hardware compatibility chart. The reason for the upgrade had to to with IOMMU-issues as far as I can recall. There's a newer BIOS version 2901 so I'll upgrade to this if another 6.3.2 upgrade still has the same issues. 

The MTU stuff is most likely relevant, as it seems to me packets transactions seems to stop on 6.3.2 (explains ssh text output to just stop halfway for instance). 

This was defined in my network.cfg file on the flash, I've changed "MTU=9000" to "MTU=1500" now, I believe the reason I've changed this was that on my 6.0.x I had some strange issues with transferspeeds in my local network. One tip was to increase MTU to "jumboframes" on the server and also on the virtio networkdevices on my VM's.

I had a transferspeed of about 100MB/s to 4-5MB/s randomly on my local network, whilst copying from shares to a seperate machine for example. 

I'll give 6.3.2 a go later this evening and report my findings, attached is a new log from my reboot earlier with the newest modifications. 

Thanks again everyone :)

blackbox-diagnostics-20170329-1541.zip

On 29.3.2017 at 3:46 PM, Abnorm said:

Thanks again for taking the time, really appreciated :) 

Allright, for some reason this is passed through to a linux VM. I've gone through my VM configs now to make sure nothing is passed through. I do not use this as this guest vm only does rar2fs. 

About the mainboard, it's worth mentioning that it is a sabertooth 990fx R2.0, not sure if that's obvious in the logs. It was required to install a bios upgrade when I first set up this machine, it was mentioned in a hardware compatibility chart. The reason for the upgrade had to to with IOMMU-issues as far as I can recall. There's a newer BIOS version 2901 so I'll upgrade to this if another 6.3.2 upgrade still has the same issues. 

The MTU stuff is most likely relevant, as it seems to me packets transactions seems to stop on 6.3.2 (explains ssh text output to just stop halfway for instance). 

This was defined in my network.cfg file on the flash, I've changed "MTU=9000" to "MTU=1500" now, I believe the reason I've changed this was that on my 6.0.x I had some strange issues with transferspeeds in my local network. One tip was to increase MTU to "jumboframes" on the server and also on the virtio networkdevices on my VM's.

I had a transferspeed of about 100MB/s to 4-5MB/s randomly on my local network, whilst copying from shares to a seperate machine for example. 

I'll give 6.3.2 a go later this evening and report my findings, attached is a new log from my reboot earlier with the newest modifications. 

Thanks again everyone :)

blackbox-diagnostics-20170329-1541.zip

Hey!

Sorry but I did not have the time to test a new upgrade until today, but I'm happy to report everything is working perfectly now! :) 

I believe the underlying issue was misconfigured MTU sizing, booted just fine after I set this back to 1500 in network.cfg

Thanks for all the tips guys!