Plex on 6.3

Gragorg

Ok thanks Squid.  Can I still get my Plex Pass version?  Is there any setting I have to set to get the plex pass version is this the privileged option?  I assume I just have to erase the old Plexmediaserver folder on my flash and erase the *.txz file in the EXTRA directory and reboot and install the new Plex Plugin.

Ok thanks Squid.  Can I still get my Plex Pass version?  Is there any setting I have to set to get the plex pass version?  I assume I just have to erase the old Plexmediaserver folder on my flash and erase the *.txz file in the EXTRA directory and reboot and install the new Plex Plugin.

Not a plugin, a docker. You should start by installing a plugin, though. Community Applications plugin. You can access the official plex docker from there, along with links to its documentation. Personally I'm still using the linuxserver.io docker, which you can also get the same way.

You will need to learn how to setup dockers, mostly how to map volumes. See the Docker FAQ sticky in the Docker Engine subforum.

If you install the needo plex docker it automatically works with plex pass. That's what i'm running....

needo isn't around much these days. linuxserver.io is probably most recommended and support plexpass and betas.

Maybe so but he's definitely still updating it.  In fact I just got an update today to 1.4.1.3662

If you install the needo plex docker it automatically works with plex pass. That's what i'm running....

needo isn't around much these days. linuxserver.io is probably most recommended and support plexpass and betas.

Maybe so but he's definitely still updating it.  In fact I just got an update today to 1.4.1.3662

That is the nature of the docker "update" by restarting it. It goes out and gets the latest build from Plex. Needo hasn't touched the docker container code in months.

That is the nature of the docker "update" by restarting it. It goes out and gets the latest build from Plex. Needo hasn't touched the docker container code in months.

Thanks.  I should probably try and switch over to linuxserver.io plex docker soon then... Is there a way to switch and have it still recognize my needo created plex library or do I have to delete everything?

edit...nevermind, I found it

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg445818#msg445818

The implication is that the docker code needs to be touched.

Is there something about Needo's docker code that needs updating?

Good question.

Good question.

Probably nothing wrong with Needo's code.  The thing is that if/when any one ever has a problem with Plex and they are running the container from Needo, the first troubleshooting suggestion is to switch to linuxserver or binhex, as those two still actively support their containers whereas everything from Needo is basically without any author/maintainer support at all

Good question.

Probably nothing wrong with Needo's code.  The thing is that if/when any one ever has a problem with Plex and they are running the container from Needo, the first troubleshooting suggestion is to switch to linuxserver or binhex, as those two still actively support their containers whereas everything from Needo is basically without any author/maintainer support at all

Thanks squid.  I'll probably leave it alone for now.  I've had no problems with it.

I also have Needo's Plex docker container running on 6.2.4. My appdata folder is on a 240 GB Samsung SSD, and it's been working without any issues so far.  If for some reason I want to switch to the Plex official docker, is it possible to do so without losing the Plex DB in appdata?  If so, what would be the recommended procedure?

To rephrase my question above, what would be the procedure to migrate from Needo's (no longer supported) Plex docker container to a current one?  Can I do it while preserving my existing appdata DB?  Which container do you guys recommend?

Should be just a matter of using the same volume mappings. I switched from needo to linuxserver.io plex quite a while ago and it worked fine.