gfjardim

Preclear plugin

56 minutes ago, gridrunner said:

@gfjardim  i am having same problem on 2 servers with  6.4.0_rc1 0b

I am also getting the Line 49 error message

6.4.0_rc10b

Finally upgraded my 7-year old unraid build from 4.7 to 6.3.5 last weekend to be able to use bigger disks and dual parity, which went quite ok.

My hardware is Core2Duo E8500/4GB/Supermicro X7SBE/Corsair 850W power/2 Supermicro SATA controller cards/4 ea.5 in 3 Supermicro hotswap cages.

I have installed a few plugins only, namely the preclear, V.2017.09.27, Community Application, and Server Layout.

I have 12 ea.2TB WD enterprise disks in my array as of today (1P/11D), and I just bought 3 ea.10TB WD gold disks, put them in my

server, and launched preclear on all 3 the evening 31/10.

When I got home from work today, one of the disks had passed (and an email was sent to my inbox), another is now as 92% postread, but whats

troubling me is that the third (SDD) has just stopped at 34% postread, and even spun down. The time counter is also stopped for this disk.

The array disks are set to spin down after 15 min. of no activity, but this should not affect disks outside the array.

My syslog is attached.

Thanks for any suggestions.

syslog.txt

So, I'm not sure if this was mentioned anywhere, but i'm gonna post it here for anyone with the same problem, as i couldn't find any solution.

I kept struggling with starting preclear (running 2017.11.01 preclear plugin on 6.3.5 DVB edition) from the webui, it always got stuck on 'Starting...' and nothing. The status/log window that is supposed to pop up always just closed immediately. I could however run the script from terminal with no problems. In the end it turned out tmux was at fault. I think the version in nerdtools is the same as the one shipped with the plugin, however the one from the plugin doesn't start (tmux: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by tmux)). Indeed my glibc is v2.24, so that makes sense. The tmux from nerdtools runs fine, so my solution:

1. uninstall the preclear plugin

2. uninstall tmux

3. install tmux again from nerdtools

4. backup /usr/bin/tmux

5. reinstall preclear plugin

6. restore /usr/bin/tmux from backup

This seems to fix the problem with tmux not starting and preclears are running once again.

• Like 2

What is the difference between erase disk and clear disk?  Clear zero's the drive I believe but what does the erase disk option do?

4 minutes ago, IamSpartacus said:

What is the difference between erase disk and clear disk?  Clear zero's the drive I believe but what does the erase disk option do?

Erase will fill the entire disk with randomly generated data; Erase and Clear will do the erase operation, then fill it with zeroes and write the unRAID clear signature. Clear will fill the disk with zeroes then write the unRAID clear signature.

On 11/11/2017 at 2:03 PM, KorYi said:

So, I'm not sure if this was mentioned anywhere, but i'm gonna post it here for anyone with the same problem, as i couldn't find any solution.

I kept struggling with starting preclear (running 2017.11.01 preclear plugin on 6.3.5 DVB edition) from the webui, it always got stuck on 'Starting...' and nothing. The status/log window that is supposed to pop up always just closed immediately. I could however run the script from terminal with no problems. In the end it turned out tmux was at fault. I think the version in nerdtools is the same as the one shipped with the plugin, however the one from the plugin doesn't start (tmux: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by tmux)). Indeed my glibc is v2.24, so that makes sense. The tmux from nerdtools runs fine, so my solution:

2. uninstall tmux

4. backup /usr/bin/tmux

This seems to fix the problem with tmux not starting and preclears are running once again.

Please post the result of this command:

cat /proc/version|grep -Po 'gcc version \K[\d.]*'

On 11/11/2017 at 4:03 PM, KorYi said:

2. uninstall tmux

4. backup /usr/bin/tmux

Genius!

Fixed my PreClear :)

3 minutes ago, Johnny G said:

Genius!

Fixed my PreClear :)

Please send the output of this command:

37 minutes ago, gfjardim said:

Please send the output of this command:

41 minutes ago, Johnny G said:

Please update and tell me if it helps.