gfjardim

Preclear plugin

1282 posts in this topic

Thanks a lot for the quick patch. Looks like my problem is solved with the new version.

Cheers!

Edited by GENINC

18 hours ago, Bayank said:

Hi all,

UnRaid newb here, I am trying to preclear 3 x 6TB HDDs at the same time on a new build and no array. I used the plugin to clear them, and they all failed around the same time during postread because of some dd exit code 1 error. The webgui in unassigned drives just showed the status as preclear paused, and no way I could see to resume it.  I uninstalled the plugin, restarted the server, and installed again and then updated the plugin (3/23/17). It's currently running and will take a long time to get to the postread stage again. Assuming there were no errors up to that point, and if dd throws a exit code 1 error again, can I run the full verification only from the dropdown list in the plugin?

What's the difference between the postread stage and verification option in the plugin?

Hi!

Some dd errors are not really errors, I'm afraid. I tried to catch abnormal dd exit status, but unfortunately dd trow all errors under exit code 1. Post read fase, for example, will always have dd trowing exit status 1 because the piped command, cmp (which verifies the zeroed state), trow a 1 exit status on end of the disk.

The short answer: don't take those errors on account. If the preclear has been successful, the script will let you know.

The Verify All the Disk option is based on the same routine as Post-Read, so both execute the same job.

Cheers.

On 18/02/2017 at 10:58 AM, NAS said:

How do I permanently opt out of :

Preclear Disks
Install Statistics Plugin

This plugin is used to send statistics anonymously using Google Forms and TOR.
Don't worry, you will be asked before sending every report.

so that it is not installed by mistake?

Apologies if I missed the reply, this is a popular thread.

How do I opt out of this permanently.

9QxVvpb.jpg

On 3/22/2017 at 11:09 PM, Indiana said:

Is this the correct place to post these issues?  I'm not sure how to proceed as it's a new install and preclear doesn't run.  

2 hours ago, gfjardim said:

Hi!

Some dd errors are not really errors, I'm afraid. I tried to catch abnormal dd exit status, but unfortunately dd trow all errors under exit code 1. Post read fase, for example, will always have dd trowing exit status 1 because the piped command, cmp (which verifies the zeroed state), trow a 1 exit status on end of the disk.

The short answer: don't take those errors on account. If the preclear has been successful, the script will let you know.

The Verify All the Disk option is based on the same routine as Post-Read, so both execute the same job.

Cheers.

Thanks for the clarification. After updating the plugin the postread finished successfully.

wow, just checking in on this topic and I'm surprised by how many issues you all reported.  I noticed a new update today, 2017.03.23 so I installed that.

I'm starting a new preclear job on a brand new Seagate Enterprise Capacity 8tb model  ST8000NM0055

I'm using gfjardim script

so far good,  Preclear in progress... Pre-Read: 7% @ 189 MB/s (0:52:51)

I'll report back when complete.

Just installed the update and I can no longer pre clear more than one disk at a time. worked fine yesterday before I updated it. Also the email results do not contain the serial number of the drive so it makes it very hard to track which drive is what when you are preclearing lots at the same time. Thans