Preclear plugin

22 minutes ago, gfjardim said:

@chuck23322, just committed an update. Please let me know if your problem is solved.

Looks good.   In the past, the errors immediately began (whether or not I actually used the plugin).   

I'm assuming it was something related to my old motherboard having a floppy-chip and returning a null serial (at least that''s what I gathered from the above)

I checked my NewEgg order history -- that MoBo dates back to a 2010 order when I first built a WHS server -- but quickly converted it to an Unraid server with 250 & 500mb drives -- back then, on 4.x unraid ;) 

Highly doubt any MoBo of recent still has a floppy controller.

Anyway, huge thanks.   Sincerely appreciate having a GUI front-end to preclear...

On 9/7/2017 at 2:51 PM, Oakley707 said:

I'm sorry, I'm new to this whole scene.  Just added a used 2TB drive to my array for more storage and this is the first drive I've used pre-clear on.  Would any of you mind taking a look at the logs to confirm I'm good to go?  Everything came back as passed, but wanted to be sure.  If you need anything else, let me know.

Thank you in advance.

preclear_report_W340A8TT_2017.09.07_08.50.19.txt

ST2000DM001-1CH164_W340A8TT-20170907-1449.txt

Bump?

8 minutes ago, gfjardim said:

Fixed in the latest update.

Thank you for this.  While I knew that the close button was not there, this plugin takes a long time to install on my servers as it loads several different components during installation.  (Most of the other plugins I have that get regular updates finish within a couple of seconds.)  I always had to remember to wait until I was absolutely certain the install was complete before I clicked on the 'X' to close the dialog box. 

I've just bought a new 2TB drive that I want to set up on my unRAID server - when I come to use Preclear it's telling me that the model famil, device model, serial number, firmware version and size are all "undefined" - is this normal??

Also, for a brand new drive, which operation should I be running? (Clear, verify all the disk, verify MBR only, erase all the disk or erase and clear the disk)

And lastly, should I be skipping the pre or post read??

Thanks for any help with this - VERY new unRAID user here!!!

45 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

I've just bought a new 2TB drive that I want to set up on my unRAID server - when I come to use Preclear it's telling me that the model famil, device model, serial number, firmware version and size are all "undefined" - is this normal??

I'm getting this as well, a previous version used to show this info without issue.

I'm also loosing all the pre-clear icons from Main tab after a pre-clear on a disk is started.  Also the Pre-clear plugin page  is now empty with message "No unassigned disks available", however all my drives are unassigned.

I've updated mine (assume I don't need a reboot or anything??) and it doesn't seem to have made any difference - my 2TB drive still shows up in my unassigned devices list in my "Main" tab (although there is no illumination on the far left near where it says "sdc" - is it supposed to?

59caa82f8e985_UnassignedDevices.thumb.jpg.2abe3143b8e8f941d92f7890a2db4ce8.jpg

And if I click on the Preclear icon I still get the following

Preclear.jpg.4e960035fa5c6931c234eb5f66ec8c0a.jpg

Also, if I click on Tools>Preclear Disk nothing shows up:

59caa8bf45239_UnassignedTab.thumb.jpg.600e8b014c12323c42584c03d7908cc2.jpg

Am I doing something wrong or should this show a bit more information? (I don't want to start the Preclear process without being sure I've set everything up correctly!)

Thanks...

Edited by stevep94

Cheers for the quick response and 2017.09.26 update.

Upgrading in place initially fixed the issues up...

• all drives were showing on preclear page
  • disk details were displayed correctly in the options window

however after rebooting it was back to the 2017.09.25 symptoms...

• no drives on pre-clear page
  • if launched from the unassigned disks link the options window disk details were all showing "undefined"
  • start button would not launch the preclear script and removed preclear icon from assigned disk list on main page

I've since tried a clean install (remove plugin / reboot / install plugin / reboot) and am still presented with the same symptoms.  Screenshots and preclear log attacehd.

RACK-preclear.disk-20170927-1623.zip

Before Starting preclear script from plugin:

59cada9709a0b_preclear26(main-unassigneddrives).thumb.PNG.00a85591f969613c176da170b0e0d9f3.PNG

preclear 26 (preclear plugin & log).PNG

After starting preclear from plugin....

preclear 26 (main - unassigned drives after start).PNG

preclear 26 (preclear plugin & log after start).PNG

Edited by fredhoon
16 minutes ago, JMack89427 said:

Same issue here.  Brand new unRAID installation and just installed preclear plugin.

I noticed an error about rc.diskinfo not running when I installed the plugin.  I tried using the .plg file for 9.24 from my other unRAID server to install the plugin, which installed but still didn't work.  What I did was  run "/etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo -d" to start it on daemon mode while 9.24 was installed and then updated to 9.26.  Now I'm able to run preclear and it displays all of the expected disk information.

Hope this helps someone :)

when I try to pre clear the disk, the icon on main goes away, but when I open pre clear I was able to find a log for the operation. it looks like because there is an issue with the drive information, it thinks the disk is in the array.

in my case this is a new disk, fresh out of the box into the server.

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 9.38.01 PM.png

the disk selected is the one listed in the "potential candidates for clearing" list.

Edit: adding screen shot of how disk is appearing in pre clear plugin

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 9.41.23 PM.png

Edited by dnamaster2000
11 hours ago, JMack89427 said:

I noticed an error about rc.diskinfo not running when I installed the plugin.  I tried using the .plg file for 9.24 from my other unRAID server to install the plugin, which installed but still didn't work.  What I did was  run "/etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo -d" to start it on daemon mode while 9.24 was installed and then updated to 9.26.  Now I'm able to run preclear and it displays all of the expected disk information.

Hope this helps someone :)

Cheers, I noticed that as well in the install log.  I'll try and start diskinfo manually when I get home and/or reinstall with diskinfo started.  Thanks for the tip!

[edit]

After sitting idle all day the preclear page & unassigned drives were functioning normally when I arrived home from work.  I didn't restart and test manually starting diskinfo, just kicked off a preclear on 8x drives.  Is is possible that diskinfo is a delayed start after a reboot and that is causing the preclear symptoms reported above?

Edited by fredhoon

Cheers, I noticed that as well in the install log.  I'll try and start diskinfo manually when I get home and/or reinstall with diskinfo started.  Thanks for the tip!

[edit]
After sitting idle all day the preclear page & unassigned drives were functioning normally when I arrived home from work.  I didn't restart and test manually starting diskinfo, just kicked off a preclear on 8x drives.  Is is possible that diskinfo is a delayed start after a reboot and that is causing the preclear symptoms reported above?

Yes.

The correct command to test it is /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo --daemon

Enviado de meu SM-G955F usando Tapatalk

• Squid unpinned this topic