Preclear plugin

13 minutes ago, allischalmersman said:

Updated preclear and I don't know if this is related or not but Im having issues.  Unable to remove plugins (all) the check box does not appear and the "remove" button stays unselectable.  At the same time I am unable to select a notification type or trigger when starting a preclear.  Tried a reboot.  Any advice?  Thanks, Andrew

preclear snip.JPG

Plugin snip.JPG

Probably not related to this plugin. Please open the page in another browser to confirm the bug.

2 hours ago, gfjardim said:

Probably not related to this plugin. Please open the page in another browser to confirm the bug.

Sorry I did not try another browser.  I have never used anything other than Firefox with my UnRaid dealings.  Everything works with Chrome. This seems to be an issue with Firefox as documented in this post

Edited by allischalmersman

I tried to upgrade to the 2017.06.23a version this morning, but received this error:

plugin: updating: preclear.disk.plg

Fatal error: escapeshellarg(): Argument exceeds the allowed length of 4096 bytes in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 342

I'm running unRAID 6.3.5 and I'm upgrading from preclear 2017.06.21a.

Thanks.

Edited by jademonkee
Added version info.
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, jademonkee said:

I tried to upgrade to the 2017.06.23a version this morning, but received this error:

plugin: updating: preclear.disk.plg

Fatal error: escapeshellarg(): Argument exceeds the allowed length of 4096 bytes in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 342

I'm running unRAID 6.3.5 and I'm upgrading from preclear 2017.06.21a.

Thanks.

Maybe the installation script got too big. I've just split the script in two on version 2017.06.23b. Please update it again to see if it works now.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, aptalca said:

@gfjardim just fyi, I ran another preclear this time with the script 2017.06.23b and it completed successfully on the same 8TB that previously failed three times with earlier versions.

I'll take this as a good sign and remove the mod comment within CA on the plugin...

Prior to 6.2, I believe, I had several script options to select from using Preclear. One from JoeL, gfjardim and I believe one other. Somewhere along the way I lost all but the one from gfjardim. It works just fine, but I like having options :D

Any thoughts on how to add the others back?

40 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Prior to 6.2, I believe, I had several script options to select from using Preclear. One from JoeL, gfjardim and I believe one other. Somewhere along the way I lost all but the one from gfjardim. It works just fine, but I like having options :D

Any thoughts on how to add the others back?

The Q and A in the OP has instructions on installing alternate scripts.

I'm currently running unRaid 6.1.7 with the latest preclear plugin version. I have the following problem:

The preclear.disc.log is constantly growing. At some point it's so large that \var\log is full.

This seems like a bug? Is there any way to change preclear configuration so that the log doesn't exceed a certain file size?

2 hours ago, madshi said:

I'm currently running unRaid 6.1.7 with the latest preclear plugin version. I have the following problem:

The preclear.disc.log is constantly growing. At some point it's so large that \var\log is full.

This seems like a bug? Is there any way to change preclear configuration so that the log doesn't exceed a certain file size?

This is not a real answer to your question but a few years ago, I added (and for what reason, I don't recall) the following to my go file:

# resize log partition
mount -o remount,size=384m /var/log

I seem to recall that it was done to increase the space available for log storage. 

PHP 5.4.45 (cli) (built: Sep 19 2015 14:52:22)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies

If this is really just in incompatability with unRaid 6.1.7 then I personally don't need a fix. I'm planning to upgrade to the latest unRaid as soon as my array rebuild is completed. Just wanted to run preclear to test the new harddisk before starting the rebuild.

3 minutes ago, madshi said:

PHP 5.4.45 (cli) (built: Sep 19 2015 14:52:22)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies

If this is really just in incompatability with unRaid 6.1.7 then I personally don't need a fix. I'm planning to upgrade to the latest unRaid as soon as my array rebuild is completed. Just wanted to run preclear to test the new harddisk before starting the rebuild.

It's an easy fix, will release it in the next 5 minutes. Thanks for reporting it.

noticed this in my log today,

Jun 30 15:08:42 Tower root: error: plugins/preclear.disk/Preclear.php: wrong csrf_token 

It just keeps repeating in the log.  It said there was an update, did that, but still the errors in the log keep coming.  

I had to uninstall the plugin.  Looks like something is wrong.....

No changes on my end re drives.

• Squid unpinned this topic