unRAID OS version 6.3.1 Stable Release Available

limetech

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can one rollback from 6.3.1 to 6.2.4?

6.2.4 is still on the Lime Tech download page, just extract what you need.

I know I kept having issues going from 6.1.9 to 6.2 and 6.1.9 to 6.3.1 and then going back.  I found today my disk3 had errors.  Went into maintenance mode and ran the repair from console, got back working after.  Just waiting for parity sync to finish.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I see we have docker 1.12.6 in 6.3 series, but where's the ipvlan and macvlan network drivers?

We should have these to finally allow containers to become almost first class network (LAN) citizens with their own IPs assigned by DHCP (in a reserved range not used by your home router)

I know the UI will need some more work to support this, but I'd like to see this feature enabled.... along with IPv6

Updated from 6.2.4 to 6.3.1 and found just one issue so far - my Cache SSD got dropped and was being picked up by Unassigned Devices. Spotted it pretty quickly, stopped the server, selected it, and all seems well after starting the server service back up. One thing for folks to do after updating is run a "check for updates" on Plugins as they don't have status on first boot, no biggie. So far so good here!

6.3.0 stable appears as the only upgrade option when updating the plugins?? Shouldn't 6.3.1 be there? Whats the best quickest way to manually upgrade 6.3 RCx to 6.3.1 ?

Try clicking the Check for upgrades button again.

nope - still shows 6.3.0 stable

Had same issue. Just upgrade to 6.3.0, then 6.3.1 shows up - no issues doing it that way. I suppose non-sequential upgrades can't be done.

Had same issue. Just upgrade to 6.3.0, then 6.3.1 shows up - no issues doing it that way. I suppose non-sequential upgrades can't be done.

People coming from any 6.3.0-rc release will indeed see 6.3.0 as upgrade option. People coming from 6.2 will see 6.3.1.

Ps. Upgrading in two steps won't have any negative impact.

People coming from any 6.3.0-rc release will indeed see 6.3.0 as upgrade option. People coming from 6.2 will see 6.3.1.

Ps. Upgrading in two steps won't have any negative impact.

Fixed that.

I see we have docker 1.12.6 in 6.3 series, but where's the ipvlan and macvlan network drivers?

We should have these to finally allow containers to become almost first class network (LAN) citizens with their own IPs assigned by DHCP (in a reserved range not used by your home router)

I know the UI will need some more work to support this, but I'd like to see this feature enabled.... along with IPv6

macvlan is already included.  ipvlan requires IPv6 support which will not get into 6.3 release series.

I have upgraded from 6.2.4 to 6.3.1. Everything went well, only NFS shares are not accessible any more.

I have couple shares set for access via NFS and SMB - movies, TV, music, pictures... All are accessible via SMB but none via NFS. All mentioned shares are in unRaid array.

I am using NFS for access via Emby/Kodi and since upgrade, shares are not accessible from Emby, Kody and from Ubuntu PC.

I have a similar situation,  but what I already figured out is that is working when I access from a linux machine (regular nfs mount), but not on kodi in windows.

After some digging up, I managed to "fix" it with manual adding "nordirplus" on nfs export options:

"/mnt/user/media" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=100,nordirplus *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)

and issueing a

exportfs -ra

to reload the new setup. This doesn't stay permanent because get override with time, but didn't had time yet to figure out, why this works and how to permanent fix it. Giving here my finds to see if it helps out.

That's a new one.  If you configure "Private" NFS security mode you will be able to specify the exact options passed to exports file.

macvlan is already included.  ipvlan requires IPv6 support which will not get into 6.3 release series.

I don't think its all there...

root@MediaStore:~# docker network create -driver=macvlan docker1
Error response from daemon: plugin not found

and /var/log/docker.log says:

time="2017-02-14T07:18:35.926428464+08:00" level=error msg="Handler for POST /v1.24/networks/create returned error: plugin not found" 

EDIT: oops - wrong options there...

root@MediaStore:~# docker network create --driver macvlan -o parent=br1 docker1
cf1dff34281ebd207722e7c170d8633718393da707be4199e67cce658f0b9bc4

Time to play with this...

Here goes:

# docker network create \
-o parent=br1 \
--driver macvlan \
--subnet 10.0.3.0/24 \
--ip-range 10.0.3.128/25 \
--gateway 10.0.3.1 \
docker1
# docker  run --net=docker1 -it --rm alpine /bin/sh -l
00346698844c:/# ping www.google.com
PING www.google.com (122.2.129.168): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 122.2.129.168: seq=0 ttl=57 time=107.434 ms
64 bytes from 122.2.129.168: seq=1 ttl=57 time=123.784 ms
64 bytes from 122.2.129.168: seq=2 ttl=57 time=120.950 ms
64 bytes from 122.2.129.168: seq=3 ttl=57 time=105.364 ms
^C
--- www.google.com ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 20% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 105.364/114.383/123.784 ms
00346698844c:/# exit
# 

Yey! - just need to see if I can hack my current dockers to use this network instead

I have upgraded from 6.2.4 to 6.3.1. Everything went well, only NFS shares are not accessible any more.

I have couple shares set for access via NFS and SMB - movies, TV, music, pictures... All are accessible via SMB but none via NFS. All mentioned shares are in unRaid array.

I am using NFS for access via Emby/Kodi and since upgrade, shares are not accessible from Emby, Kody and from Ubuntu PC.

I have a similar situation,  but what I already figured out is that is working when I access from a linux machine (regular nfs mount), but not on kodi in windows.

After some digging up, I managed to "fix" it with manual adding "nordirplus" on nfs export options:

"/mnt/user/media" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=100,nordirplus *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)

and issueing a

exportfs -ra

to reload the new setup. This doesn't stay permanent because get override with time, but didn't had time yet to figure out, why this works and how to permanent fix it. Giving here my finds to see if it helps out.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try it out. Is there anyone else, that is having similar problems with NFS?

No issues here.

I'm using Librelec 7.0.3(?) (latest stable), but all NFS my shares are marked Private, as I need to be able to controll/limit who has read/write access by IP.

from my /etc/exports file

"/mnt/user/Media" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=100 192.168.2.0/24(sec=sys,rw,no_root_squash,insecure) *(sec=sys,ro,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)

I've lost audio on my 'Disney' VM - sure this coincided with the 6.3.1 update.

I've got a yellow exclamation against 'High Definition Audio Bus' in device manager.  No problems since day 1 with unRAID (September) with this VM before.

It's my primary card so I was going to see if stubbing it helped, but I can't get the device details even if I do

lspci -nn

as this is what I see:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos [Radeon HD 6450/7450/8450 / R5 230 OEM] [1002:6779]
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6450 / 7450/8450/8490 OEM / R5 230/235/235
X OEM] [1002:a...

Hi DZMM,

I'm going to send you a PM in a minute here.  What I'd like to do is give you a coupon code for a free services session that you can schedule with us so I can take a closer look at your system using a remote connection.  We haven't experienced the issue you're having and so far, it appears you're the only one experiencing this, but I'd like to get hands on to experiment a bit further.

Upgraded from 6.2.4 to 6.3.1 and see today i can't create files that beginning with  "._" (dot and underscore) on Unraid Shares.

I see it first after a backup from Windows to Unraid with Syncbackfree => i have errors on every file beginnig with "._".

Is it a bug in 6.3.1 upgrade?

Thanks for help.

Fred.