unRAID OS version 6.3.1 Stable Release Available

limetech

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VM's performance still horrible for me with 6.3.1. Downgrading to 6.2.4.

Diagnostics attached, however nothing out of normal.

Anyone running X58 motherboards? All normal with this release?

EDIT: Could be my drives setup? I don't have cache disk and for VM drive I passthrough one SSD for each VM.

EDIT 2: Even when it freezes the CPU load is normal, perhaps the issue is with passthrough GPU? There is any way to test it?

inefavel-diagnostics-20170209-0937.zip

I've tried to update to 6.3.1 and it downloaded but didn't seem to get installed? ie it didn't say i now need to reboot...

I rebooted and now I cannot boot.

My usb stick appears to be uninitialized?

I feel that sinking feeling of oh crap - I don't have a recent backup of the stick :(

I'd appreciate some options of my best recovery options ...

Thanks in adavance

I've tried to update to 6.3.1 and it downloaded but didn't seem to get installed? ie it didn't say i now need to reboot...

I feel that sinking feeling of oh crap - I don't have a recent backup of the stick :(

Thanks in adavance

Start by running a chkdsk on it.  If there are no errors (or they are repaired), make a copy of the entire contents of that flash drive before you do anything else.  If there were errors, see if you can boot now. 

If it does not boot report back with what you see on a monitor connected to the server.  A good, in-focus, non-blurry photo (verify BEFORE uploading) of the monitor screen would accomplish the same thing.

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg

Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 1822 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 297
plugin: unable to create file: /tmp/unRAIDServer.sh

I am getting this error

LUCrQqM.jpg

Try running df -h from the command line. The error isn't about space on the flash drive but tmpfs space. You can always manually extract the bzroot, bzimage and bzroot-gui manually.  You still may have something filling up your tmpfs.

Just updated to 6.3.1 and Docker is broken on my system:

• Settings -> Docker, Enable Docker is set to Yes but Status still shows as Stopped.
  • Going to the Docker tab all I get is the header and tabs. Under that is completely white
  • Dashboard under Apps shows "No apps available to show"
  • Dashboard under System Status, Docker is shown as "Not available"

I downloaded 6.3.1 again and copied over to my boot thumbdrive and removed all plugins but no change in result.

Any ideas?

I ran into this when I downgraded from 6.3.0 back to 6.2.4. To resolve do the following:

1. Stop docker (even if it's stopped, you want the webgui to show it as disabled too).

2. Delete your docker.img.

3. Reboot machine.

4. Enable dockers

5. Re-install your dockers, look for the my-* templates to retain all settings.

Thanks in adavance

Start by running a chkdsk on it.  If there are no errors (or they are repaired), make a copy of the entire contents of that flash drive before you do anything else.  If there were errors, see if you can boot now. 

If it does not boot report back with what you see on a monitor connected to the server.  A good, in-focus, non-blurry photo (verify BEFORE uploading) of the monitor screen would accomplish the same thing.

Thanks Frank, but for reason I have no idea the usb stick is saying it is uninitialized on both my mac and a windows VM.

Both say it needs to be first formatted.

My server is headless, so I have no photo's.

I am currently searching for a backup that I took on tranisioning from v5 to v6, but I am not sure it will be any help to me.

Very annoyed I didn't have a backup  :-[

Edit: I do have a backup of all my docker configs but the disk setup is concerning me.

I am currently searching for a backup that I took on tranisioning from v5 to v6, but I am not sure it will be any help to me.

If you do find that backup, unless you are absolutely certain that you haven't changed any disk assignments since it was copied, you MUST delete config/super.dat and reassign your disks.

If you do find that backup, unless you are absolutely certain that you haven't changed any disk assignments since it was copied, you MUST delete config/super.dat and reassign your disks.

Thanks trurl, does it matter if the data disks are on different /dev numbers, or is it only which ones are data and which one is parity?

Thanks trurl, does it matter if the data disks are on different /dev numbers, or is it only which ones are data?

It is most important that you not accidentally assign a data disk to the parity slot, or it will be overwritten. In fact, this is why I posted about your super.dat. There has been more than one user who restored an old super.dat and caused unRAID to think their old parity drive, which they had repurposed for data, was again the parity drive.

If you have any settings that are specific to disk numbers, such as user share includes or excludes, then of course that would come into play if you change the disk numbers. The disk letters, sdX, are irrevelant and not necessarily even consistent.

Thanks trurl, does it matter if the data disks are on different /dev numbers, or is it only which ones are data?

It is most important that you not accidentally assign a data disk to the parity slot, or it will be overwritten. In fact, this is why I posted about your super.dat. There has been more than one user who restored an old super.dat and caused unRAID to think their old parity drive, which they had repurposed for data, was again the parity drive.

If you have any settings that are specific to disk numbers, such as user share includes or excludes, then of course that would come into play if you change the disk numbers. The disk letters, sdX, are irrevelant and not necessarily even consistent.

Understand & thanks.

I have setup a new stick and get a KP on boot with 6.3.1, so am going back to 6.3 to build my configs back, before I do anything else. Then backup :(

Just updated to 6.3.1 and Docker is broken on my system:

• Settings -> Docker, Enable Docker is set to Yes but Status still shows as Stopped.
  • Going to the Docker tab all I get is the header and tabs. Under that is completely white
  • Dashboard under Apps shows "No apps available to show"
  • Dashboard under System Status, Docker is shown as "Not available"

I downloaded 6.3.1 again and copied over to my boot thumbdrive and removed all plugins but no change in result.

Any ideas?

I ran into this when I downgraded from 6.3.0 back to 6.2.4. To resolve do the following:

1. Stop docker (even if it's stopped, you want the webgui to show it as disabled too).

2. Delete your docker.img.

3. Reboot machine.

4. Enable dockers

5. Re-install your dockers, look for the my-* templates to retain all settings.

Thank you for the step-by-step instructions. I'm back up and running!

I still get KP at boot up. Had to go back to 6.2.4. Diag attached is from 6.2.4

Kernel Panic - not syncing: Attemped to kill init! exit code=0x0000009

won't let me attached diag but you can find them from 2 days ago here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=56204.msg537031#msg537031

Good to know, I wont bother trying to update then.  They didn't even acknowledge this was a problem in the last build, so I wasn't expecting it to be resolved in this one.

i just upgraded from v6.2.4 and it looked like it went normally but when i looked at the logs i started seeing some floppy errors, kinda strange since i don't have any floppy drive in the system. i removed all the plugins and shutdown the plex docker but it still keeps putting the following very minute:

Feb 8 19:09:01 NAS kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0

Feb 8 19:09:01 NAS kernel: floppy: error -5 while reading block 0

Feb 8 19:10:01 NAS kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0

Feb 8 19:10:01 NAS kernel: floppy: error -5 while reading block 0

Feb 8 19:11:02 NAS kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0

Feb 8 19:11:02 NAS kernel: floppy: error -5 while reading block 0

Feb 8 19:12:01 NAS kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0

Feb 8 19:12:01 NAS kernel: floppy: error -5 while reading block 0

Feb 8 19:13:01 NAS kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0

Feb 8 19:13:01 NAS kernel: floppy: error -5 while reading block 0

i have attached the syslog, any suggestions on how to fix?

thanks

James

Are you running unRAID on bare metal or as a VM under another hypervisor?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

it is running as a vm under vmware esxi v6.

Then this is an issue with VMware presenting a virtual floppy disk. This doesn't appear on bare metal.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm getting the same error, but I'm running bare metal.  I'm on one of the Tams servers (supermicro 24 bay). I believe the supermicro bios has "virtual" drives (floppy and CD) as part of the bios, with no way to turn them off.  Any suggestions?

unraid-server1-diagnostics-20170209-1031.zip

I'm getting the same error, but I'm running bare metal.  I'm on one of the Tams servers (supermicro 24 bay). I believe the supermicro bios has "virtual" drives (floppy and CD) as part of the bios, with no way to turn them off.  Any suggestions?

The supermicro IPMI manual I found online definitely has an option to disable floppy emulation. Have you looked through your BIOS to check?

Updeted through webgui, said system needs to reboot. After reboot the server wouldn't boot properly so I connected a monitor and got message LZMA data is corrupt - System halted.

I pulled the usb drive and did a checkdsk, no errors reported. Plugged it back into the server but still got the same problem.

Attached photo

I didn't take a backup since i upgraded via webgui, but I have a diagnostics from a couple of weeks back.

IMG_20170209_185235.jpg.5265649b8c328b728b9686cda0ccffe0.jpg

Updeted through webgui, said system needs to reboot. After reboot the server wouldn't boot properly so I connected a monitor and got message LZMA data is corrupt - System halted.

I pulled the usb drive and did a checkdsk, no errors reported. Plugged it back into the server but still got the same problem.

Attached photo

I didn't take a backup since i upgraded via webgui, but I have a diagnostics from a couple of weeks back.

Googling LZMA leads me to believe that the files on your flash drive are corrupted.  I would download the update and copy all of the bz* files to your flash drive and try again.

Upgrade went smooth on both my servers, But have the following errors in the syslog after reboot:

Server 1 :

Feb 9 11:29:41 Tower emhttp: nothing to sync
Feb 9 11:29:41 Tower root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb 9 11:29:41 Tower root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb 9 11:29:41 Tower root: error: webGui/include/Boot.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb 9 11:29:42 Tower root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token

Testing Server:

Feb 9 11:08:34 Test emhttp: nothing to sync
Feb 9 11:08:34 Test rc.unRAID[16137][16138]: Processing /etc/rc.d/rc.unRAID.d/ start scripts.
Feb 9 11:09:08 Test root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token

The supermicro IPMI manual I found online definitely has an option to disable floppy emulation. Have you looked through your BIOS to check?

I looked in BIOS, but what I wasn't expecting to be the key, was that they had to be disabled under boot options.  Once I switched them to disabled there for floppy/CD that took care of the issue

Any suggestions?

Not related to your original question, but I'd recommend making sure that your NerdPack plugin is updated.  Open it up, click the Check for Updates button, (if nothing happens toggle something off then on,) then make sure you click the Apply button.

This probably needs to be done every time there's a major update, 6.1 to 6.2, 6.2 to 6.3, etc.  It brings all packages current, and stops installing some that are no longer needed.

Upgrade went smooth on both my servers, But have the following errors in the syslog after reboot:

Server 1 :

Feb 9 11:29:42 Tower root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token

Testing Server:

Feb 9 11:08:34 Test rc.unRAID[16137][16138]: Processing /etc/rc.d/rc.unRAID.d/ start scripts.
Feb 9 11:09:08 Test root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token

That's due to the new security caused by either having a stale browser on reboot (e.g. You go back a page without refreshing) or if you still have a dynamix.plg in the config directory.

Server 1 :

Testing Server:

You have the old powerdown plugin installed.  You need to remove it.