Install Statistics Plugin

I have been randomly getting a pop-up that says "Install Statistics Plugin". It doesn't pop-up often but has shown up enough that I am posting now.

First, can someone confirm that this pop-up is "normal"? I am assuming I am getting it because of one of the plugins I have installed? I did search for "Install Statistics Plugin" here but nothing caught my eye.

Second, assuming it is a normal pop-up and my server is not being hacked as I type this  :o;D Is there a setting somewhere that disables this pop-up, as I would not like to participate in anonymous reporting.

Capture.PNG.d917e2d8b1a4519c25021133a284d078.PNG

I've also noticed this and would prefer to disable it permanently.  I guess the alternative would be to uninstall preclear plugin and just install it when I need to use it, which isn't that often.

Since I seldom need it, I don't usually have it installed. If I do use it, I plan to let it send my statistics.

This comes from the Preclear plugin.

Thanks, I figured it was part of a plugin but just wanted to make sure. The tin foil hat gets stuck on the head a little tight sometimes.

I've also noticed this and would prefer to disable it permanently.  I guess the alternative would be to uninstall preclear plugin and just install it when I need to use it, which isn't that often.

True, I also do not use it very often. I suppose I will leave it be for now and see how often this happens.

Since I seldom need it, I don't usually have it installed. If I do use it, I plan to let it send my statistics.

I don't have a problem being asked, but only once, and that should be the end of it.  Some explanation of what is being sent woudl be good too.

I don't have a problem being asked, but only once, and that should be the end of it.  Some explanation of what is being sent woudl be good too.

Agreed, it would be nice if it indicated it was part of the preclear plugin and it collects the following data.

The discussion about it starts with this post and continues for a number of pages. I believed that once you had clicked the Dismiss button in the pop-up that follows the installation of the Pre-clear plugin itself you would hear no more until the plugin is next updated. So far I haven't seen it pop-up since that initial dismissal but if it starts to hassle me I'll get annoyed with it and remove it, and that would be a shame.

The discussion about it starts with this post and continues for a number of pages. I believed that once you had clicked the Dismiss button in the pop-up that follows the installation of the Pre-clear plugin itself you would hear no more until the plugin is next updated. So far I haven't seen it pop-up since that initial dismissal but if it starts to hassle me I'll get annoyed with it and remove it, and that would be a shame.

I've never seen it past the initial one on installing or upgrading.