unRAID as guest under unRAID

Hi,

I was wondering and messing about, but it seems possible to setup a unRAID guest under unRAID.

As this will not be a production unRAID server, but rather a TEST VM for developing plugins or dockers, I am wondering if there are any known issues, side-effects.

What I find interesting is the possibility of unlimited / user defined USB Flash serial numbers (ie infinite flash GUIDs) that anybody can use to register a trial or heaven forbid - actual registrations.

Hi,

I was wondering and messing about, but it seems possible to setup a unRAID guest under unRAID.

As this will not be a production unRAID server, but rather a TEST VM for developing plugins or dockers, I am wondering if there are any known issues, side-effects.

What I find interesting is the possibility of unlimited / user defined USB Flash serial numbers (ie infinite flash GUIDs) that anybody can use to register a trial or heaven forbid - actual registrations.

There is a video by grid runner on doing this.  You do require a USB with either a trial key or a registered version.

Thanks, was looking for these posts and couldn't quite google/search them out.

Actually, I just got around to checking and just learned that a virtual USB in QEMU has a fixed product and vendor id pair. Which makes it very easy for LT to blacklist the entire GUID space. But I can still do my limited testing first.

Thanks.