AnnabellaRenee87

Extremely slow write to Array after 6.3RC9 Update.

Do you have the diagnostics from the previous version you ran?  It's useful for comparison.

Do you have the diagnostics from the previous version you ran?  It's useful for comparison.

I do not, I'm sorry, Also Since I started using unRAID my reads from the Array have been slow sometimes between 30-50MB/s.

I am going to buy my Pro license this Thursday and was going to ask about that problem then but then this popped up and its making the array almost unusable  :'(

I'm sorry, nothing is standing out as a cause for such a large writing slowdown (100MB/s down to 1MB/s).  At one point, you ran New Permissions which can take quite awhile, and any I/O during its run would be much slower of course.  You have quite a mix of drives, are you seeing slow writes to all of the drives?

For read speed issues, check this FAQ entry and see if it could help.

I'm sorry, nothing is standing out as a cause for such a large writing slowdown (100MB/s down to 1MB/s).  At one point, you ran New Permissions which can take quite awhile, and any I/O during its run would be much slower of course.  You have quite a mix of drives, are you seeing slow writes to all of the drives?

I think I found out what was going on with the Writing issues, I moved to another PC on the network and things are working better now....... I was over teching it. I moved to my desktop which is on the same switch as the unRAID server and writing to the server is much better now.

I'm gonna read over that thread and report back on the reading from the array.

I think I found out what was going on with the Writing issues, I moved to another PC on the network and things are working better now....... I was over teching it. I moved to my desktop which is on the same switch as the unRAID server and writing to the server is much better now.

From description appears somewhere an ethernet link has dropped from 1Gb/s to 100Mb/s.  I have a really long cable run that connects two cheap switches and every once in a while the link drops down a notch.  I have to power cycle the switches to get them to negotiate 1Gb/sec again.

I also had a write slow down issue and after an extended period of troubleshooting, googling and general frustration, I finally traced to out-dated RealTek NIC drivers on three Windows 7 computers.  Going to the Motherboard Manufacturer's (or computer maker's if it's a major brand) and getting a later NIC driver seems to have fixed the problem.  (I would be reluctant to use MS update site to get any MB drivers as I had a bad experience with that back in the Windows-for-Workgroup days involving a dial-up modem.  I had to reinstall from a drive image that was on about forty floppy disks...)