Unraid for both NAS and PC duties

I've been reading with interest about the use of an Unraid setup to serve as both a NAS and for main PC duties.

Currently I run a Hackintosh and a server with Windows 2012 Server. The server runs two Hyper V VMs as required, Plex Server, Couchpotato and Sonarr. It contains five 2Tb hard drives run together using Stablebit Drivepool. These drives contain backups, video, music and various bits and bobs.

My new server will be running a E5 2650 octacore CPU on an Asus Rampage IV Formula motherboard with 16Gb memory. So hardware wise I think I'll be fine providing it all works as I haven't built it yet!

From a software perspective, I'm going to run Unraid with various Dockers for Plex, etc. What I'm a smidgin concerned about is the running of the VMs specifically that of MacOS which will be my main OS. Is it a major issue to pass through a graphics card, mouse and keyboard? And will the VM wake from sleep and display the login on my monitor when I press a button on the keyboard/ mouse?

Is there anything else that I've missed that may trip me up?

TIA

You will be fine on unRAID which can act as your NAS and run dockers for Plex, Sonarr and couch potato, even your VM's. You will have to research the various threads on running OSX as a VM and passing through graphics cards. What you may want to do is retain your hackintosh until such time as you have the OSX vm running the way you like. Unfortunately Lime-tech cannot officially support running OSX on a VM so the various threads are where you'll have to look for guidance. It is doable though and quite a few people have done it successfully.