Mount NFS volume?

thany

I can't find an option for this anywhere, and plowing through the forums only leads to far more complex scenarios.

What I want is quite simple as far as I see it: I have a Synology NAS that is able to act as an NFS server. My unRAID server runs a docker that can download stuff unattended, which is great, but uses a lot of storage over time. So I'd like it to write that stuff to my NAS via NFS, instead of to a local disk. Then, I should be able to assign the output dir of that docker to the NFS mount point, and be a slightly happier person :)

TLDR: I'm looking for way to have unRAID maintain NFS mount points to another machine. How can I do that?

Brilliant, got it to work. Works a lot smoother than I expected too (since I didn't understand how to get straight linux to mount these NFS volumes).

So incomplete files are now kept on my unraid box, and when complete, they get moved to my much more massive NAS. Just the why I like. Makes sense to me.

Thanks for the suggestion to install "unassigned devices". That's my friend from now on :) A bit oddly named for what it does for me, but as long as it works.