Graphics card assignment / assignation des cartes graphiques

NY152

I am worried that I can not solve.

I have 3 graphics cards in my PC and I would like it to use the PCI-E3 port for the prompt.

But I choose this port in the BIOS, it always starts on the PCI-E1 port. As the wrong card is still selected, I can not assign my cards to my VMs.

How to do ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Je suis devant soucis que je n'arrive pas à résoudre.

J'ai 3 cartes graphiques dans mon PC et j'aimerais qu'il utilise le port PCI-E3 pour le prompt.

Mais j'ai beau choisir ce port dans le BIOS, il démarre toujours sur le port PCI-E1. Comme la mauvaise carte est toujours choisie, je ne peux pas assigner mes cartes à mes VMs.

Comment faire ?

Bonjour

Do you need the prompt? You can try to run headless and pass the slot 1 gpu as well. Might work for your card, my 550ti didn't like in first slot to passthrough even after rom added to the vm xml.

Secondly, maybe you can tell what card is in slot 1? Probably if very old, the bios considers it "legacy" and will disregard your bios selection...

for the sake of finding more info, remove that radeon.

leave your 750ti's in slots 1 and 2

then configure in bios primary as the gpu in second slot

does it work?

if no:

1) latest bios installed?

2) move your radeon in slot 1, and ghave the 750 in 2 and 3 - any good outcome?

i would suggest to run headless (without video output for the tower unraid) as temporary solution till somebody can suggest for this particular issue...

it means that you will pass-through even the slot 1 gpu, by adding it's rom in the vm xml

gridrunner has a nice video tutorial on this process (how to obtain the rom and how to configure)

-d

how to solve basic issues like connectivity, in case the user cannot reach the server via the admin console/ssh...

tutorial is here :

in short, it's like this:

1) you need video cards for this procedure: GPU1 for unraid output, GPU2 - for which you want to dump the rom, in slot 2 (so not in slot 1, closest to the CPU)

2) you need to identify the device id for that GPU2 &  execute the commands for rom dumping

- you might need to initiate a VM first (start/stop), in order to 'instantiate' the rom - not sure if instantiate is the right term :)

3) save the rom in an unraid location, where you have acces

4) edit manually the xml of the vm (this needs to be repeated every time you modify the VM via gui), and add in certain location relevant for your GPU you want to passthrough, an xml element with the path to the rom dump file.

for my 550ti, i substituted the steps 1 2 3 with downloading the rom from techpowerup, because 1 2 3 didn't work for me as expected, I was getting an i/o error.

For newer cards, most probably the procedure will give the expected results, while the rom from techpowerup will not work (different sizes/content)

-d