Malwarebytes Makes Fresh Install of Win 10 VM Extremely Slow

I just created a new Windows 10 VM with OVMF and applied all the Windows updates/drivers. Right after I installed Malwarebytes and turned on real-time protection. As soon as real time protection is turned on it makes the VM very unresponsive. It even makes my restart time around 2 minutes. If I uninstall Malwarebytes my restart time goes back to ~3 seconds. I have an older Windows 10 VM (Seabios) I have used for over a year with Malwarebytes that is fine. I have tried both Malwarebytes 2.2.1 and 3.0 and the results are the same. Is anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas why this is happening?

Been messing with my new VM some more and it appears that when Malwarebytes is installed with real-time protection enabled it is blocking my internet connection. I tried installing an older VirtIO driver (the same one that is installed on my older Seabios VM) but that doesn't help. As soon as Malwarebytes is uninstalled everything is fine again... this is strange.

How about with the website protection turned off?  Does that make any difference?

Yes, that does make a difference. With website protection turned off everything acts normal (even with real-time protection enabled) and with it turned on the VM displays the above issues. Have you dealt with a similar issue?

How about with the website protection turned off?  Does that make any difference?

Yes, that does make a difference. With website protection turned off everything acts normal (even with real-time protection enabled) and with it turned on the VM displays the above issues. Have you dealt with a similar issue?

No, was just guessing, glad it helped!