Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whiteatom

Can't get plex to start!

5 posts in this topic

Hi there, just switched from the linuxserver plex docker to the plex inc one. Now it won't start - or something's not working.

Everything indicates it's working. Container log below. PMS logs look fine, but the webUI won't work and clients can't connect. I've never had any kind of network set up for this docker at all - and still don't, but is there something special I need to know about using the official plex docker on unRAID?

How do I troubleshoot when a docker doesn't appear to be working properly? Headless systems are great until it goes tits up.

ugg.

whiteatom

when all else fails with dockers, i've learned to:

delete the offending docker app and image

reboot

reinstall

typically fixes things, unless I've messed up a setting in the initial setup. Can't see your logs, so can't tell what it is doing.

Yeah. that's all I have learned about docker as well. That's be done.. and I'm doing it again now.

What logs do you want? I would like to fix this myself, but I can't find out where to look for problems!

EDIT: Ok.. new image, new templates, only one container - plexinc/pms-docker - no webUI... thoughts?

OK!. Plex is running.. It's a network issue. I cleared my logs completely and realized that the official docker uses "PLEX_UID" for the user id, vs PUID in the template, so I changed that so plex has access to it's config and db and it's starting, but still no UI or ability to use clients.

Update again.. solved.

Had to change the network type to host.