Trade crashplan space?

Hi there,

I haven't ever seen this come across the boards, but would anyone be interested in trading crashplan space? It seems with all of us having these massive arrays - many of which are probably not that full, it would make sense that we partner up with someone across the globe to back our data up.

Would anyone be interested in this? If so, I guess it would only be open to people with about half of their array full and we'd need to set up a list of people interested, how much data they need to backup, and how much space they have to offer for someone else.

Thoughts?

Edit: Lots of looks, but no posts. How 'bout this.. If you're interested, post your backup disk space needs, your disk space available for trading, your internet connection and if you have any data limits.

this is a great idea i offen thought of this as our lives are on our unraid servers and having backups all over the world could mean everythink if the worst happens

i have 26 TB free and 15Tb to back up 100/20 in England i just got 10tb drive to install in 2nd unraid server and 8 free bays if i can get a 4 port sas card to use the rest of my bays as the card i have wont work with unraid

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Pducharme said:

If I understand right, you would backup to one of our Unraid server using a crashplan plugins or docker?  and in exchange we will backup to your server ?  Does that requires a Crashplan subscribtion?

Only backup to Crashplan Central (cloud storage) requires a subscription.  Backup from one computer to another is free.