[Support] Linuxserver.io - Ombi

10 minutes ago, snusnu1987 said:

Leave the container running.

container is running .. .

docker exec ombi bash .. works, returns prompt with no error

all apt commands fail ...

root@MyServerIP:/mnt/user# apt update ... fails ....
-bash: apt: command not found

root@MyServerIP:/mnt/user# apt install python3 python3-mysqldb -y

i'm not sure why my URAID server seems to not know basic commands like apt ??

time to regoup, decompress and check back another day.

thanks again for your help.

E

9 minutes ago, E-ManN said:

container is running .. .

docker exec ombi bash .. works, returns prompt with no error

all apt commands fail ...

root@MyServerIP:/mnt/user# apt update ... fails ....

root@MyServerIP:/mnt/user# apt install python3 python3-mysqldb -y

i'm not sure why my URAID server seems to not know basic commands like apt ??

time to regoup, decompress and check back another day.

thanks again for your help.

E

ahhhh .. there is no apt command in URAID and it is recommended you dont mess with installs with APT ...

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44209-how-to-install-apt-or-yum/

this explains alot ... maybe this is why I could not find documentation specific to UNRAID on how to put the other 2 OMBI DBs on Maria DB server under MYSQL .  I'm wondering how you all got this working as the instructions written, has no specifics for UNRAID.  I've seen windows, linux and docker ... but no UNRAID.

Edited by E-ManN
7 minutes ago, E-ManN said:

ahhhh .. there is no apt command in URAID and it is recommended you dont mess with installs with APT ...

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44209-how-to-install-apt-or-yum/

this explains alot ... maybe this is why I could not find documentation specific to UNRAID on how to put the other 2 OMBI DBs on Maria DB server under MYSQL .  I'm wondering how you all got this working as the instructions written, has no specifics for UNRAID.  I've seen windows, linux and docker ... but no UNRAID.

just as a heads up ... a update for OMBI just came in ... I applied it by itself and my OMBI is now stuck in the OMBI Wizard of death loop again.

I am currently restoring my server from last nights backup.

you were all right about the Wizard problem coming back with my DB setup ... I will not update OMBI until I can get this setup properly ... either that or move the main OMBI DB off Maria server and put it back in appdata/ombi folder  under SQLite .. which I really don;y want to do.

arrrgggghhhh !

2 hours ago, E-ManN said:

just as a heads up ... a update for OMBI just came in ... I applied it by itself and my OMBI is now stuck in the OMBI Wizard of death loop again.

I am currently restoring my server from last nights backup.

you were all right about the Wizard problem coming back with my DB setup ... I will not update OMBI until I can get this setup properly ... either that or move the main OMBI DB off Maria server and put it back in appdata/ombi folder  under SQLite .. which I really don;y want to do.

arrrgggghhhh !

thanks all I got all 3 DBs running on MSQL on MARIA DB server ... WOOOOHOOOO !!!!!

I abadoned the migration  of DBs  and just set up from scratch.

- deleted and re-created Ombi DB on maria DB server using Adminer GUI

- already had empty Ombi_Settings & Ombi_External DBs on Maria DB server I created a few days ago.

- all 3 maria DB databases share a common local db user acount named ombi with full privs & grant rights on all 3 DBs

- uninstalled OBMBI Docker and ombi image files

- deleted the /appdata/ombi folder on the the UNRAID server

- installed OMBI ... stopped OMBI

- copied the database.json file to /appdata/ombi folder on the the UNRAID server

- restarted OBMI container

- launched OMBI mgmt GUI and ran thru the wizard, fully configured and set up OMBI

- use Adminer to verify that tables were populated in all 3 OMBI DBs.

this is the database.json file I used....

{
    "OmbiDatabase": {
        "Type": "MySQL",
        "ConnectionString": "Server=MyServerIP;Port=3306;Database=Ombi;User=ombi;Password=MyPassword"
    },
    "SettingsDatabase": {
        "ConnectionString": "Server=MyServerIP;Port=3306;Database=Ombi_Settings;User=ombi;Password=MyPassword"
    },
    "ExternalDatabase": {
        "ConnectionString": "Server=MyServerIP;Port=3306;Database=Ombi_External;User=ombi;Password=MyPassword"
    }
}

special shout outs to  @tidusjar & @snusnu1987 and all the other members who helped me figure out how to get this thing working.

now that all 3 DBs are on maria DB each having their own MYSQL DB I'm hoping the next update does not break my OMBI.

thanks,

E

Edited by E-ManN
On 7/2/2022 at 10:12 PM, emkab said:

Attached is a .txt file containing the error I get looped.

error.txt 4.18 kB · 1 download

Unhandled exception. MySqlConnector.MySqlException (0x80004005): Table 'AspNetRoles' already exists

Not sure if the migration happened successfully.  https://docs.ombi.app/guides/migrating-databases/#6-faq.  Try dropping the AspNetRoles table from your database and then running the migrate script "$ /opt/ombi/Ombi --migrate --storage /config" if you left everything default.  Then run the migrate python script again.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I've had Ombi up and running on my Unraid server for a couple of years now. Ever since the latest update (4.22.5) Ombi seems to stop working after a few hours. I cannot replicate the issue, however, if I restart the Docker container it starts working again. There is no error when it's not working, it will just not allow users to login. They receive the incorrect username/password prompt. Once I restart the container users can login once again. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? 

Thanks!

21 hours ago, luna_brian said:

Hi! I've had Ombi up and running on my Unraid server for a couple of years now. Ever since the latest update (4.22.5) Ombi seems to stop working after a few hours. I cannot replicate the issue, however, if I restart the Docker container it starts working again. There is no error when it's not working, it will just not allow users to login. They receive the incorrect username/password prompt. Once I restart the container users can login once again. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? 

Thanks!

this sounds like the issue people have when they encounter the SQLite database locking. But there should be some logs in the logs folder that mention that Ombi cannot access the database. 

On 8/16/2022 at 4:08 PM, tidusjar said:

this sounds like the issue people have when they encounter the SQLite database locking. But there should be some logs in the logs folder that mention that Ombi cannot access the database. 

Yup that was it after looking through the logs. I saved my .db files and nuked the container. Then I reinstalled. Hoping that fixes it. If not i'll have to switch to MySql.

On 8/17/2022 at 5:35 PM, luna_brian said:

Yup that was it after looking through the logs. I saved my .db files and nuked the container. Then I reinstalled. Hoping that fixes it. If not i'll have to switch to MySql.

Are you still getting the issue? The SQLite locking up can be due to the size of your database files, or the amount of users that you have accessing the Ombi container at the same time. It really isn’t too bad getting the MariaDB/MySQL container up and running.

After reading through this forum, and poking around in the instructions, I finally figured out how to get the MySQL database to function and have my old database migrated over. I ended up using GIT on MacOS’ terminal screen and manually copying the python migration scripts over into the Ombi AppData folder.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone. I am soon going to be getting stuck into Unraid :)

I will be using Ombi for managing media requests, and I will need to be able to access the GUI remotely via the internet (using my own domain). Are there any guides on how best to set this up. My Unraid server will be on my local LAN. My setup is based on UniFi (UDM-Pro) and I have a dynamic public IP with my ISP. Thanks

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2022 at 12:06 PM, uncleiven said:

I will need to be able to access the GUI remotely via the internet (using my own domain)

The best way to do it is setting up the wireguard VPN gateway then just accessing it that way. If other people need access to it you're gonna want to just use Nginx Proxy Manager with your domain (I use ombi.mydomain.com), though you may need a static IP to give to the domain registrar. If you can't get a static, I'd just chrome remote desktop to a machine on the network and manage ombi from there

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Trying to set up my email address for notifications - 

domain is mail.xxxx.org, using 465 SSL (which works for Thunderbird), and have authentication (nslookup does work for the domain).

Have all but "disable SSL: clicked.

I get this:

2023-10-15 14:58:03.641 -07:00 [WRN] Exception when testing Email Notifications
System.ArgumentException: The domain is invalid. (Parameter 'domain')
   at MimeKit.Utils.MimeUtils.GenerateMessageId(String domain)
   at Ombi.Notifications.GenericEmailProvider.SendAdHoc(NotificationMessage model, EmailNotificationSettings settings) in /home/runner/work/Ombi/Ombi/src/Ombi.Notifications/GenericEmailProvider.cs:line 47
   at Ombi.Controllers.V1.External.TesterController.Email(EmailNotificationSettings settings) in /home/runner/work/Ombi/Ombi/src/Ombi/Controllers/V1/External/TesterController.cs:line 300

Not sure where to go from here.....

(Update) I'm getting email notifications properly. However, when I do a test notification I still get this error.....

Edited by quinnmc
additional info
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me with a weird issue.

I use Ombi with Jellyfin users that access with their Jellyfin accounts. Recently I have had an issue with Jellyfin users who can't authenticate:

fail: Ombi.Api.Api[1000]
      StatusCode: Unauthorized, Reason: Unauthorized, RequestUri: https://jf.(domain)/users/authenticatebyname
fail: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Identity.UserManager[0]
      Jellyfin Login Failed
      Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0.
         at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
         at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
         at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
         at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
         at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
         at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
         at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
         at Ombi.Api.Api.Request[T](Request request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
         at Ombi.Api.Jellyfin.JellyfinApi.LogIn(String username, String password, String apiKey, String baseUri) in /home/runner/work/Ombi/Ombi/src/Ombi.Api.Jellyfin/JellyfinApi.cs:line 74
         at Ombi.Core.Authentication.OmbiUserManager.CheckJellyfinPasswordAsync(OmbiUser user, String password) in /home/runner/work/Ombi/Ombi/src/Ombi.Core/Authentication/OmbiUserManager.cs:line 232
warn: Ombi.Controllers.V1.TokenController[0]

Local users work fine. Any ideas what the issue could be? The username and password is definitely correct.

Edited by ultimz
Formatting