Sign in to follow this  
grandprix

Re: Preclear Plugin

A rant gone wrong, on a bad day and could have been said more eloquently to say the least.  Was a total morale killer and for those of whom read it already, my apologies for inadvertently becoming a cancer to any forums.  I've always had nothing short of great help from the community.  While I do not necessarily agree with the implementation of the changes to this plug-in, I could have stated my reasoning for my opinion in a much more constructive and tactful manner.

It took what appears to be a bad backplane/controller port to step back and see how I allowed my day to affect me (which I wish I had done sooner).  My mistake.

So, preclear plugin.  I installed bjp's, now I have this new POS that mentions TOR (the mere mention of TOR is BS).  Normally, I'm a rational individual, but, what erks me to sh*t is, I updated the plugin that I install, BY bjp, now I have one that is by gfjardim.  I don't frequent these forums on a daily basis like I used to and I DO appreciate the hard work everyone puts into unRAID.  However, I do NOT like that I can automatically receive someone elses version (fork) of a plugin when upgrading.  It shouldnt even show as an upgrade, because I consider bjp's version the "master branch" and gfjardim's version as a fork.  I don't want forks, even if the master branch is deprecated.  If I want a different preclear, I want to have to search and find "gfjardim's Preclear".

It just seems all too intrusive to me.  Maybe I'm all wrong in regards to the master/branch analogy, but this entire statistics (I mean really, statistics for what purpose exactly?  Vaguely stating "send anonymous statistics" doesnt cut it!) thing.. is it necessary?  Did Microsoft buy unRAID?

/rant off

bjp never had a plugin, just a script, so yes you're a little off in your analogy. You are welcome to use the bjp script or even the joel script. ;)

And if you had read any of the last few pages of the thread you would have seen that sending statistics is optional anyway.

Sign in to follow this  

Copyright © 2005-2017 Lime Technology, Inc. unRAID® is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc.