Samba Recycle Bin with VFS_Recycle

Hi dlandon,

I tested this on my 6.1 backup system.

It installed, and the settings are selectable and the recycle bin empties fine.  I also clean installed it by removing the entries from smb-extra.conf and the old plg in files and backups.  When it was installed I had to manually press enable, and SMB seemed to get trashed in the process but I stopped and started the array and all back to normal.  It's better than the hacked to work version I was using now anyway!  Great job! :)

One thing not working is that when I trash a file called test.txt in a Backups folder it ends up in the recycle bin as test.txt.  Previously it kept the folder structure /mnt/user/Backups/test.txt which is require IMO.  I remember seeing a setting someone, might have been in the plg about maintaining folder structure.

Keep up the good work!  You've made my day!

It might one of the following 2 options. This is an excerpt from my manually configured recycle bin, using /mnt/user/BIN/ structure. The "%m" means to use the machine name of the client, so this way I know which system did the delete, which is enough for me to know who did what.

[global]

vfs objects = recycle
recycle:repository = /mnt/user/BIN/%m
recycle:keeptree = Yes