11TB Array 1 disk now unmountable, recommendations on recovering data?

mbc0

Parity ran for 5 hours but I am still missing a lot of data, for some reason disk 5 changed to unmountable when adding further disks so I obviously upset something in the process.  Hopefully the data should still be on the drive but looking for recommendations on recovery of the files?

Many Thanks

Your post seems to be missing a lot of details. Is this a continuation of a different thread? If so please link to it.

Why was parity running? How did you add drives? In any case, neither of these things should cause another disk to be unmountable. Usually unmountable means filesystem corruption.

Post diagnostics.

It started with my cache disk reporting full which was on another thread ( https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=53765.0 )

this is a separate issue that has been caused by removing the cache drive due to reasons on that thread, it looks like the cache drive is now dead I will be physically removing it to check later.

after a reboot disk 5 reported a status of unmountable and that is where I am stuck, I have not formatted, I have just left it in the hope I can recover some/all data off of it.

Parity starting running on it's own after a reboot with the message checking/rebuilding so I thought perhaps it was recovering the data but it has not.

All drives are XFS

Please find attached my diagnostics.

Many Thanks

unraidserver-diagnostics-20161115-2049.zip

Hi, Thanks for the reply,

The Corsair was the cache drive I was talking about, it also just failed a pre-clear "Corsair_Force_3_SSD_11366509000008953378

Pre-read verification failed - Aborted"

I ran xfs_repair -v on drive 5 in maintenance mode and have been watching a screen fill up with dots for hours now, it says in the documentation anything from a few minutes to half an hour or more, it is a 2TB drive so will just leave it running overnight to see what happens..