[Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore - Deprecated

Squid

• 2 months later...

I am having an issue with my Backup's. I currently have my USB backing up every morning around 5am. As of late though I am getting the issue of the flash drive not remounting itself, and causing issues until I restart the server.

Is this a problem with the way I have my server setup? I cant view any of my dockers, plugins, etc now because of it, and I presume its because the boot drive is unmounted and the server is only running off the OS in memory?

My server typically has the dark theme on it, but any time this happens it changes back to default, and the bottom status bar will keep displaying 'Starting Services...' every couple seconds.

I also want to state this happened before as well before parity check happened to be running too. I am running the latest version of unRAID(6.7.2), and latest version of CA Backup.

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 11.26.41 AM.png

I found out where it says it occurred, but no idea why the server would do that.

Aug 12 02:21:46 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Backup / Restore Completed
Aug 12 04:40:01 Tower kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000dc000-0x000dffff window]
Aug 12 04:40:01 Tower kernel: caller _nv000939rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs
Aug 12 05:59:19 Tower kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000dc000-0x000dffff window]
Aug 12 05:59:19 Tower kernel: caller _nv000939rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs
Aug 12 07:34:26 Tower kernel: usb 4-5: USB disconnect, device number 2

Now after parity completes I need to figure out what may be causing that.

Edited by feyded1020
On 8/12/2019 at 1:36 PM, feyded1020 said:

no idea why the server would do that.

If by server you mean the Unraid OS, it wouldn't. If by server you mean the actual hardware, yes that is exactly what happened. The hardware disconnected.

On 8/12/2019 at 12:36 PM, Squid said:

Try a different USB port, ideally USB2

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, trurl said:

If by server you mean the Unraid OS, it wouldn't. If by server you mean the actual hardware, yes that is exactly what happened. The hardware disconnected.

My apologies, thats what I meant. I am not sure why my drive would do that. Its a Samsung thumb drive, about 2 years old. I have switched as directed to using the USB2 port on my machine. Thank you for the help.

• 1 year later...

i trying to setup  ca backup on another unraid machine.. but its giving me issues

i have  a share called "Backup Of Files"    i duplicated what is on my other server  but i get 2 errors and not sure whats wrong.. it be nice if there was more detailed info... to me makes not sense no help  no   "?"  to say how to fix it like example.. so not sure whats wrong   better explaination be good

cabackup1.PNG

cabackup2.PNG

i figured the error... the error doesnt happen for Appdata  just Flash and libvirt

if the    "Backup Of Files/Unraid/appdata"  doesn't exist    no error  but will create  "appdata"  when it cabackup runs

if  the  "Backup Of Files/Unraid/Flash" doesn't exist gives error.. so i have to manually make that "Flash" Folder

if the "Backup Of Files/Unraid/libvirt" doesn't exists, gives error..  so i have to manually make that "libvirt" Folder

maybe you can make it like Appdata...    If usb destination folder doesnt exisit ... then create folder when cabackup is saved or ran

same for libvirt

just a suggestion...  but made the folders manually and no errors given

and maybe change that XML destination message  to me that made no sense.. i couldnt find no XML destination or down by  libvirt destination   put in Brackets (XML Destination)

Edited by comet424
  • 1 year later...

I'd like to exclude the download sub-folders in my nzb and deluge docker directories.  The file browser to select exclude directories doesn't allow me to select subfolders.

Is it possible to add them manually some way?

I don't need to backup the gigabytes of data in these subfolders.  I just want the config data.

24 minutes ago, lovingHDTV said:

I'd like to exclude the download sub-folders in my nzb and deluge docker directories.  The file browser to select exclude directories doesn't allow me to select subfolders.

Is it possible to add them manually some way?

I don't need to backup the gigabytes of data in these subfolders.  I just want the config data.

1. Are you sure you are in the right thread? This is the support thread for a rather old version, it's been deprecated like the title says for years.

2. My nzb and deluge appdata total right at 100MB for both. Are you sure you don't have something misconfigured, or are keeping stuff you don't need there, like failed downloads or failed extractions?

9 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

1. Are you sure you are in the right thread? This is the support thread for a rather old version, it's been deprecated like the title says for years.

2. My nzb and deluge appdata total right at 100MB for both. Are you sure you don't have something misconfigured, or are keeping stuff you don't need there, like failed downloads or failed extractions?

hmm, just clicked the support link in the plugin.  Let me go check.

Yep, upgrading to new plugin.

thanks

Edited by lovingHDTV
  • 1 year later...
16 hours ago, trurl said:

Uninstall the deprecated plugins and search the Apps page for the new versions.

Not related to what I asked previously...  I noticed you have unSERVER and unBACKUP in your signature, is that just 2 unRAID servers and you named them like that to identify them?   I am running 2 unRAID servers with Syncthing to do the sychronization with...  Is that something similar to what you are doing or is there such a thing as an unBACKUP that synchronizes with your unRAID server?

5 hours ago, EArroyo said:

unSERVER and unBACKUP

Those are just the server names, but it does sort of identify their purpose. I use rsync script to backup my media from unSERVER to unBACKUP occasionally. All important files have multi-generation backup to external disks stored offsite, using that same rsync script.

I recommend everyone name their servers. Gets confusing and tiresome to look at yet another diagnostics zip named tower...