[Support] Linuxserver.io - SWAG - Secure Web Application Gateway (Nginx/PHP/Certbot/Fail2ban)

Has anyone modified the index.html file in the www folder?

I was thinking of making landing page which would list out all of my dockers with links which are behind the reverse proxy.

Has anyone done anything similar?

www.html5up.net has awesome html5 templates. I use one of them as the landing page
9 hours ago, aptalca said:

www.html5up.net has awesome html5 templates. I use one of them as the landing page

Bootstrap frameworks, especially on preconfigured templates definitely make landing page creation pretty simple these days.

If you ever have time I'd be interested in a seeing a screenshot of yours.  What does yours do?  I assume it's basically a list of images/links to yoru dockers?  Or is it detailed enough where your'e accessing some of the docker's APIs and you're actually getting a compilation of some live data from any of the dockers?

Bootstrap frameworks, especially on preconfigured templates definitely make landing page creation pretty simple these days.

If you ever have time I'd be interested in a seeing a screenshot of yours.  What does yours do?  I assume it's basically a list of images/links to yoru dockers?  Or is it detailed enough where your'e accessing some of the docker's APIs and you're actually getting a compilation of some live data from any of the dockers?

Nothing fancy, just a list of links to various webguis on a pretty looking page

You could always use htpcmanager docker and have that as your main page.
2 hours ago, Living Legend said:

How would you do this?  Use some sort of redirect?

Yes. There's a few different ways but you could do something like this.

location ~ ^/$ {
        return 301 /htpc;
    }

location /htpc {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        proxy_pass http://192.168.69.1:8085/htpc;
    }

# main server block
server {
	listen 443 ssl default_server;
	listen 80 default_server;

root /config/www;
	index index.html index.htm index.php;

server_name blah.duckdns.org;

ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;
	ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;
	ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;
	ssl_ciphers 'ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AEA';
	ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

client_max_body_size 0;
	#Muximux

location ~ \.php$ {
		fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
		# With php7-cgi alone:
		fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
		# With php7-fpm:
		#fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php7-fpm.sock;
		fastcgi_index index.php;
		include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
	}

#Sonarr
	location ^~ /sonarr {
		auth_basic "Restricted";
		auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
		proxy_pass http://192.168.10.100:8989/sonarr;
	}

}

Just trying to get Sonarr to work right now, will work through the rest later.  Wanted Muximux, Radarr, Deluge, Plex and Ombi, and then Guacamole if I could.

It was working with Sonarr from outside the network, but when I am local if I try to do blah.duckdns.org/sonarr It takes me to https://blah.duckdns.org/sonarr but I get the Welcome to our Server page.

8 minutes ago, theDrell said:

Just trying to get Sonarr to work right now, will work through the rest later.  Wanted Muximux, Radarr, Deluge, Plex and Ombi, and then Guacamole if I could.

It was working with Sonarr from outside the network, but when I am local if I try to do blah.duckdns.org/sonarr It takes me to https://blah.duckdns.org/sonarr but I get the Welcome to our Server page.

Have you gone into sonarr's settings and changed URL base to /sonarr

Edited by CHBMB
# main server blockserver {listen 443 ssl default_server;listen 80 default_server;root /config/www;index index.html index.htm index.php;server_name blah.duckdns.org;ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;ssl_ciphers 'ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AEA';ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;client_max_body_size 0;#Muximuxlocation ~ \.php$ {	fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;	# With php7-cgi alone:	fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;	# With php7-fpm:	#fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php7-fpm.sock;	fastcgi_index index.php;	include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;}#Sonarrlocation ^~ /sonarr {	auth_basic "Restricted";	auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;	include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;	proxy_pass http://192.168.10.100:8989/sonarr;}}

It's the space between ^~ /sonarr should be ^~/sonarr or just /sonarr should work
1 minute ago, theDrell said:

OMG.  That fixed the internal issue.  Why it didn't seem to be an issue on the external, I will never know.

Well, I also have this in the entry now too, so maybe it actually fixed it.

proxy_set_header Host $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

3 minutes ago, theDrell said:

Well, I also have this in the entry now too, so maybe it actually fixed it.

proxy_set_header Host $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

That's not required.

OMG.  That fixed the internal issue.  Why it didn't seem to be an issue on the external, I will never know.

For the local lan issue you can add an entry to dnsmasq.conf for your router if available like this.

address=/blah.duckdns.org/192.168.10.100

May need to reboot the router. I've done this on tomato, ddwrt and merlin.

50 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

May be WAF but it means afaik that you're going out to the internet to come back to your LAN,  which seems a little excessive

WAF comes first, hoping that it doesn't add a lot to it.

Another question.  How do you setup Muximux to work ?

Only way I can get it to work is by passing in the muximux www folder as a path, and changing the root to that path.

I can't get it to work using the proxypass ip:port.  The login page comes up but when I try and login it goes to sub.domain.org/index.php which doesn't exist.

1 minute ago, theDrell said:

WAF comes first, hoping that it doesn't add a lot to it.

Another question.  How do you setup Muximux to work ?

Only way I can get it to work is by passing in the muximux www folder as a path, and changing the root to that path.

I can't get it to work using the proxypass ip:port.  The login page comes up but when I try and login it goes to sub.domain.org/index.php which doesn't exist.

I don't use Muximux

I got a question regarding fail2ban and my docker containers running behind nginx.

Am I right that I'm not able to setup any custom fail2ban filters here as my letsencrypt-nginx container obviously can't see any logfiles from other containers such as Emby or Nextcloud!?

As I understand the use of fail2ban here is that it's restricted to basic_auth only when used with Docker.

Is this correct or is there a way to get this working together with Emby for example?