NZXT H440 Build

I recently switched my case from a Norco 4220 to the NZXT H440 (2nd gen)

Here are the results..

Side View

Vmgowhw.jpg?1

Front view with cover and dust screen removed

05FAASk.jpg?1

Top view with cover removed.. (added 2 be quiet! Pure Wings 2 120mm 1500RPM 51.4CFM fan's)

O6wi4LR.jpg?1

Top fans viewed from inside

BCuhHzr.jpg?1

Closeup of the drive bays

62ueKxY.jpg?1

Back side view.. Dont't really care for cable routing there :)

59xPmbH.jpg?1

Side shot with system running

XJoGVYk.jpg?1

System is pretty quiet..

I currently have 2 x 3TB WD Red's for parity,

3 x 3TB WD Red's for Data Drives,

1 512GB SSD for Cache

and 1 120GB SSD for temp storage.

1000VA/600W APC UPS (BR1000G)

Average HDD temp is 26 Celsius.

When running parity check average is 27.8C - System temp is 34C - Ambient temp 20.5C

Currently pulls 168W at 100% CPU usage and all drives spinning.

Will slowly add more 3TB WD Red's.. Should be full by Christmas :)

Nice build! Just curious, why did you decide to go with two parity drives being that you have three data drives in your array? When your case is full, how many total drives will you have in your array?

I'll have 9 data drives once the case it full.. I figured I might as well start with 2 parity drives as that will give me protection from 2 failed drives from the start..

• 3 weeks later...

I keep looking for someone with the full 11 HDDs in the H440 (2nd version caddies support 2 drives per caddy)... so I can see if airflow is killed dead by a full front of HDDs... Do report when you are full.... Please

Will do, but I can't see it killing the airflow totally, there are still nice gaps between the drive trays even with 2 drives each..

Don't suppose you have any spare (even dead) HDDs you could pop in? Everyone seems to think the H440 airflow is bad and that puts me off. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a ton LOL.. I have to add another drive in a day or two, so I'll fill up the rest then as well..

Oh cool. Thanks so much. I've been looking for this info for a while. Should have come here to look!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I filled up the box last night, it's been running a preclear for the last 12 hours and all my temps are the same as before..

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
4 minutes ago, littlered said:

The thread is a bit old but I am looking at switching my Silverstone DS380 case to the H440 for more 3.5" HDD room. What power supply did you use in your build (sorry, I don't see your signature)?

His signature says he used a EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2 PSU.  You can turn on signatures by clicking on {your name} > Account Settings > Signatures at the top of the forum.