[Plugin] rclone

Waseh

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2023 at 6:33 AM, Howboys said:

I don't have diagnostics because the server was hung (couldn't do anything), but any idea why this might be happening?

Would retrying downloading rclone help with transient network glitches?

PXL_20230824_132822695.jpg

Can confirm this issue is also happening to me. stuck on trying to download the zip file i believe.. 

removing the plugin from my flash drive solves this issue and allows me to get into the unraid GUI

Oddly enough.. if i reboot and get into the GUI and then try to re-install the rclone plugin, it will install perfectly fine.. but won't let me access the settings -> rclone page. it just hangs. and locks my GUI up. so i have to reboot the system. 

Not sure whats causing this. i was on 6.12.0 and thought it was a version issue so updated to 6.12.4, but still the same problems. 

I've also tried slightly older backups i've had but still no dice. 

Not sure whats causing this issue.. with the restore AND the clean install..

• 2 months later...

Hey.

I have read a lot about how to install rclone on unraid but I am stuck at authenticating rclone.

I am running unraid headless (like most of us?) and if I choose "yes" to use a webbrowser on the machine it does not work of course, because there is none.

And if I choose "no" it gives me a link I cannot use, because this link only works on the same machine !?

Do I really have to plug a monitor on my server and start it in gui mode to authenticate rclone?

@sylvio2000yep, I had the same problem. I‘m an absolute Unraid newbie and Windows User. Had this problem for a while. My Solution:

Download the programm rclone under Windows, its just an exe-file no Installation needed. Start the rclone configuration under Windows (using cmd with admin rights, start „rclone config“ in the terminal).

Everyrhing works fine, I was able to get the Login Screen for my OneDrive and was able to save the config file.

After that i copied the config file from my Windows PC to my Unraid Server in the appdata folder for rclone.

Now it works. I‘m struggeling with the scripts and mounting points. But that is another story…

Edited by TermyD