[Support] Linuxserver.io - Resilio Sync

2 hours ago, local.bin said:

With the latest update i am getting the following errors from the sync binary;

Wondered if anyone is seeing the same?

Have removed and added a cuople of times now with no errors on installing, but the binary will not execute.

The same errors are in the docker log.

TIA

Same here :(

5 minutes ago, local.bin said:

Thanks for confirming.

I've downloaded the binary directly from resilio sync and it has the same problem, so it appears that its not the binary but the docker itself.

no it's definitely the binary, they advertise `x64` and `x64 glibc` versions, as of last week the plain x64 version worked fine, this week the plain x64 version is looking for the glibc symbols that should be only a part of the glibc version

5 minutes ago, sparklyballs said:

no it's definitely the binary, they advertise `x64` and `x64 glibc` versions, as of last week the plain x64 version worked fine, this week the plain x64 version is looking for the glibc symbols that should be only a part of the glibc version

Interesting, so they don't highlight those two versions on their user website for general downloads, just one x64 download, which I used.

Perhaps they have changed their approach, or mis-labeled the versions.

Thanks for the docker!  I was a user of Windows Live Mesh until it went EOL.  Then I was a user of LogMeIn Cubby until it went EOL.  I'm hoping Resilio Sync will be a horse I can ride for a very long time.

I'm able to get the docker to work when I map /sync --> /mnt/user/

However, I really want to map /sync to a share I've created (called:  Resilio-Sync).  Is there a way to do this?

I've tried /sync --> /mnt/user/Resilio-Sync/ and got the error "your config file prevents you from accessing this directory" when I tried to set the default directory in the GUI.

I also tried /sync --> /Resilio-Sync/ which seemed to give an error when when I tried to connect to a folder synced to another machine.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the the clarification @CHBMB.

I'm running into an issue where the docker seems to be crashing and affecting other things.  

Background:  I'm trying to sync my 3 production computers (work desktop, home desktop, and laptop), and I want a "backup" and always-on node on unRAID.  The 3 production computers all have Windows Bitlocker enabled, so those contents are encrypted at the disk level (though, of course, they look unencrypted to Resilio Sync).  I'm using encrypted folders in Sync in order that have the unRAID node's contents encrypted at rest.

Last night, my initial test worked.  I encrypted a small folder (less than 200MB) from work desktop.  I created an encrypted node on unRAID and synced.  I then shut down work desktop, and I was able to add home desktop and have it successfully sync unencrypted.  

Overnight, I set the main folder (60GB) to sync.  When I checked it in the morning, about 30GB had synced.  However, when I went to the Docker tab, there were no dockers listed (previously, I also had Plex installed).

Reading some of the other troubleshooting comments, I decided to 1) disable Dockers in settings, 2) delete docker.img, 3) re-enabled Dockers now with a larger image size (now 30GB).  I resintalled Plex and Resilio Sync dockers.  Again, I was able to sync the smaller folder, but the larger folder created problems.  Docker page and VM page are now showing nothing installed.  No shares are available either.  A parity sync is still running from having to do an unclean shutdown after the overnight crash.

Any help troubleshooting and resolving this will be greatly appreciated.  I'll probably need to be pointed in the right direction for things like pulling log files and seeing run commands.

Thanks

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

My first thought is that the sync destination is within the docker.img and that got full and caused the issue.  Post all your config info for sync.  Docker mappings and setup within resilio.

Better luck this time, but still not all the way there.  When I restarted the server, at least my dockers and VMs reappeared.  The folder seemed to have synced 54.6GB out of 60.0GB (about 35K files out of 56K files).  The Sync application on all the machines indicate that Sync *thinks* this folder is complete.  Plus the folder size hasn't changed in the last hour since I restarted.

I think the setup is correctly syncing the files to the unRAID share.  When I connect to the shared folders, I'm able to see all my unRAID shares, and I go into the share I set up for this and create corresponding subfolders.  I can browse from a different Windows machine and see the new subfolders and encrypted files.

I've attached a screenshot of the docker settings and the sync.conf code is below.

{
    "listening_port" : 55555,
    "storage_path" : "/config",
    "vendor" : "docker",
    "display_new_version": false,

"directory_root_policy" : "belowroot",
    "directory_root" : "/sync/",

"webui" :
    {
	"listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888",
	"allow_empty_password" : false,
        "dir_whitelist" : [ "/sync/folders", "/sync/mounted_folders" ]
    }
}

docker setting.png

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, cyberto said:

I got the same error with the latest version on my raspberry. Maybe this helps https://github.com/yangxuan8282/docker-image/issues/2

Raspberry Pi is arm this is x64.  That and the container is based on Xenial now and that bug report is regarding Alpine.  If you need support yourself then head over to our forums or IRC room or post an issue on github.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like my /sync folder to be inside the array, not on the cache drive. To that end, I set /sync to /mnt/disk1/ResilioSync, created the directory, made sure user:group was 99:100. When I try to create a manual folder connection, enter a key pasted from sync on another machine, and use the path in the "Connect to folder" dialog as set by they share/key to /sync/docs (for example) and press "Connect", the dialog says "Sync Home does not have permission to access this folder."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

- Eric

resilio-sync-settings.png

resilio-sync-no-permission.png

Edited by eweitzman

I noticed that I missed a "5" in one of the port mappings. It's now "55555". Restarted the docker, it required that I re-enter my license, but still can't access my /sync folder.

This is the docker command now:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d 
--name="ResilioSync" 
--net="bridge" 
-e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" 
-e HOST_OS="unRAID" 
-e "PUID"="99" 
-e "PGID"="100" 
-p 8888:8888/tcp 
-p 55555:55555/tcp 
-v "/mnt/disk1/ResilioSync":"/sync":rw linuxserver/resilio-sync

681779083c4b4f12353f7b043d9c782d1c5790e22475ce44a948a35eb8845c5a

21 minutes ago, eweitzman said:

I noticed that I missed a "5" in one of the port mappings. It's now "55555". Restarted the docker, it required that I re-enter my license, but still can't access my /sync folder.

This is the docker command now:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d 
--name="ResilioSync" 
--net="bridge" 
-e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" 
-e HOST_OS="unRAID" 
-e "PUID"="99" 
-e "PGID"="100" 
-p 8888:8888/tcp 
-p 55555:55555/tcp 
-v "/mnt/disk1/ResilioSync":"/sync":rw linuxserver/resilio-sync

681779083c4b4f12353f7b043d9c782d1c5790e22475ce44a948a35eb8845c5a

When you did the initial setup did you change the user from abc?

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed two big issues with this container:

1. every time I stop and restart the container (and sometimes at random after a time) all my shares will display "Database Error". I'll have to disconnect and reconnect them again, to make them sync again (for a while). I also tried deleting the local .sync directories before adding the shares back to no avail
  2. I've had docker.img use space up to 100% a few times and enlarged the file each time. As it began to fill up again today, I finally noticed what the matter was: the logfile within the container had grown to a whooping 27 GB!

Any idea what may cause this? I've been using Sync for many years on a number of Windows and Linux computers as well as Android devices and virtually never had these problems on any other platform (except on Ubuntu, when I ran out of disk space on the volume that housed the Sync folders)