unRAID Server Version 6.2.2 Available

limetech

It's been a long while since I posted but, I cannot seem to find the download link for the latest version as its not on the download page....I was planning to upgrade my system which was running version 5.0.5 with the Pro key.

I believe it's just a temporary page change, try again later.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloaded 6.2.2 through GUI (link on the bottom center of the browser, once complete, stopped array, reboot server. It will not reboot completely. During unRaid start, i get an end Kernel panic message 'unable to mount root fs'. I was on 6.2.1 without any problems.

I suspect a corrupted download or bad install.  I would reload 6.2.1, and wait for the Download page to be fixed.

It's been a long while since I posted but, I cannot seem to find the download link for the latest version as its not on the download page....I was planning to upgrade my system which was running version 5.0.5 with the Pro key.

I would suggest you read through this WIKI before you start your upgrade. 

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6

It may help to smooth your upgrade path. 

I suspect a corrupted download or bad install.  I would reload 6.2.1, and wait for the Download page to be fixed.

to do that, i download 6.2.1 from limetech and extract it to the thumbdrive i have unraid on, overwriting existing files (without clearing thumbdrive) and it it will keep existing folders/files/dockers etc. right?

I would suggest you read through this WIKI before you start your upgrade. 

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6

It may help to smooth your upgrade path.

I'm reading over it now and watching some of the YT videos on setup. Thanks!

to do that, i download 6.2.1 from limetech and extract it to the thumbdrive i have unraid on, overwriting existing files (without clearing thumbdrive) and it it will keep existing folders/files/dockers etc. right?

Yes, that's correct.  At the moment the Download page is not working -- I suspect Limetech is updating it and hasn't completed it yet.    I'm sure that will be resolved in the very near future  :)

Yes, that's correct.  At the moment the Download page is not working -- I suspect Limetech is updating it and hasn't completed it yet.    I'm sure that will be resolved in the very near future  :)

I guess i'll just have to wait until the download page is back up to get my server going again. thanks for the help.

I did some testing and can confirm you've found a bug.

When network settings are unlocked then all DNS fields are shown, but once network settings are locked (Docker/VM started) then only one DNS field is visible.

All DNS entries are used internally but the GUI doesn't show them all. I made a correction for this.

thanks!

I'm seeing an issue with the mover script where it's not deleting empty folders on the cache drive after the files in them have been moved to the array. Anyone else seeing that?

I don't see that.  Make it happen and then post diagnostics.zip file: Tools/Diagnostics

Happened again. I've attached the diagnostics file. I've also noticed that some of the folders left behind I cannot delete from my Windows machine. Instead I get a permissions error saying I need permission from 'BLACKBOX\nobody'  to make changes. Never seen that before.

Please let me know if you need any more info, thanks.

blackbox-diagnostics-20161026-0755.zip

I'm seeing an issue with the mover script where it's not deleting empty folders on the cache drive after the files in them have been moved to the array. Anyone else seeing that?

I don't see that.  Make it happen and then post diagnostics.zip file: Tools/Diagnostics

Happened again. I've attached the diagnostics file. I've also noticed that some of the folders left behind I cannot delete from my Windows machine. Instead I get a permissions error saying I need permission from 'BLACKBOX\nobody'  to make changes. Never seen that before.

Are you sure you don't have hidden files in those folders?

What do you get from the unRAID command line with this?

ls -lah /mnt/cache/TV\ Shows/Westworld

Could someone please indicate (post) the default disk tunables for v6.2.2 (or 6.2.x)?  The screenshot below is what I currently have set.  Some are set to default and some are user-set.  I'd like to know the default values to set a baseline.  Since I've been upgrading from earlier unRAID versions, I don't know the 6.2.x default disk tunables.  I think I may be able to get better performance from setting to all to default values or at least start there and tweak.  Thanks!

my_v6.2.2_tunables.png.17270bc6a162ec61adb68ce86ce82bad.png

Are you sure you don't have hidden files in those folders?

What do you get from the unRAID command line with this?

ls -lah /mnt/cache/TV\ Shows/Westworld

For a similar problematic folder I get

total 0

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody  users  16 Oct 25 06:07 ./

drwxrwxrwx 1 <myusername> users 396 Oct 27 06:10 ../

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody  users  0 Oct 27 06:08 Season\ 2/

Which user does the mover script run as? Is it possible it can't remove the empty folder because the top level folder is owned by nobody?

Thanks kode54!  Not sure how, why NCQ was set to "No"  Perhaps I had it set this way in a v5.x release?  Anyway will test the defaults, including NCQ = Auto.  Perhaps Tom or bonienl should insert a "default" button for that section in Disk Settings.

If you remove the value and hit apply, the default value should be active.

the ui recommends leaving ncq off for performance purposes..

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=20795.msg185366#msg185366

If the UI recommends "leaving" it off, why does it default to Auto? I didn't turn it on myself.

Until recently, the choice has always defaulted to No, so that's what almost all of us have.  The choice for Auto is a very recent addition, don't know when it was added.  According to the Help, Auto means No currently.  The fact that it has been added must mean they have plans to 'smarten' it up, using the Auto setting, where under some condition unknown as yet it will mean Yes at times and No at other times.  We'll have to wait for further development of it.

When NCQ first became a thing here, there was a fair amount of discussion and testing, and we found it wasn't helpful, actually resulted in slower performance most of the time (except for a rare exception).  So it was turned off, defaulted off, but provided as an option for anyone to experiment with, and change.  There's been a couple of generations of hard drives since then, and it may be time to test again, if anyone is willing.

Back then I created a tool to help with testing, and I've attached it (qd.zip), containing qd (a script to display and set the queue_depths for one or all of your hard drives) and set_ncq (a simple tool to display or set queue_depth on any drive).  I don't think I created set_ncq, but included it as well.  My qd script has one big limitation - because you should not set the queue_depth for a drive greater than its max queue_depth, I need to know the max for each drive, and the only way currently is to read and save it before anything changes it.  On its very first run, it captures and saves all of the queue_depths, then uses them on that and subsequent runs (until reboot) to avoid setting values that are invalid.  So to use qd, you need to do one of 3 things - either put qd into the go file (just a line with qd), or turn array auto-start off and run qd before the first array start, or change the Tunable (enable NCQ) setting to be Yes and reboot.  When the array is started, unRAID resets all of the queue_depths according to the NCQ setting, which is why they need to be saved before the first array start.

To use qd, just qd off to turn all NCQ off, and qd on to turn NCQ on for all drives.  Or use the Disk setting Tunable (enable NCQ) and reboot.  There's a note in the Help that turning it from Yes to No works immediately, but from No to Yes you need to reboot first.  I'm not sure, it could be true...

qd.zip

I'm running 6.1.9 with no issues, however when I go to the plugins page I don't get an option to upgrade to 6.2.2?  Only 6.2.0, which has an error I later found to be the website denying access to the .plg download?

Is there a 6.2.2 .plg URL I can use to update?  There doesn't seem to be any update instructions included with the website download either, is it just a matter of replacing bzimage and bzroot on the USB stick with the newer versions?

I'm running 6.1.9 with no issues, however when I go to the plugins page I don't get an option to upgrade to 6.2.2?  Only 6.2.0, which has an error I later found to be the website denying access to the .plg download?

On the Plugins page, click again on the 'Check for Updates' button, and once it completes, see if 6.2.1 is offered.  Usually, you need to update to 6.2.1 first, then 6.2.2 will be offered.

Is there a 6.2.2 .plg URL I can use to update?  There doesn't seem to be any update instructions included with the website download either, is it just a matter of replacing bzimage and bzroot on the USB stick with the newer versions?

If you can't update through the built-in updater, then you will need to do it the old manual way, and there's a section in the Additional Upgrade Advice about doing that.  It's more than just copying bzroot and bzimage.

Upgraded from 6.1.9 to 6.2.1 since the UI would not pick up any other version as being available. After that upgrade and having to adjust the networking settings to use the proper ETH again, was able to upgrade from 6.2.1 to 6.2.2 without any issues (other than the known issues well documented already on 6.2.x series).

Well done.