[Solved] Unraid webGUI VERY slow (~2-3 minutes between tabs etc)

benyaki

I recently upgraded (finally) from 5.0 to 6.2. Before upgrading, I had no issues aside from some plugins starting to fail with no support.

On first boot (with nothing installed, no plugins, no dockers, no VMs) I noticed that it was slow.

I thought it might just be slow to start. It did not get better.

Clicking on a tab or stopping or starting the array, anything within the webGUI is extremely slow, as in it takes approximately 2-3 minutes before the page refreshes, at minimum. (I just waited about 15 minutes to stop the array)

newperms has been run just to be sure

Downloading through plugins or downloading a docker is quick. Plugins work quickly. No problem streaming anything from the array on the plex docker.

Since initial install, I have installed some plugins, a docker, and changed from a single cache drive to a pool (which is another two problems) but nothing has changed for better or worse.

Attached is diagnostics

Hardware is:

Model: N/A

M/B: Supermicro - H8DM8-2

CPU: @ 1800

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Disabled

Cache: 768 kB, 3072 kB, 6144 kB

Memory: 0 GB (max. installable capacity GB)

Network: eth0: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

Kernel: Linux 4.4.19-unRAID x86_64

OpenSSL: 1.0.2h

Note - the motherboard did initially have an IPMI board installed (and has a second ethernet port for this) however there is no cable attached and I have since removed it from the motherboard and (I think) disabled it in the bios - not very straightforward

tower-diagnostics-20160917-1330.zip

I had this issue and found that removing a couple of plugins which i did not really use anyways alleviated the issue i was having. I am racking my brain to recall which plugins i removed.... IPMI.... and 1 other. If it comes to mind, i will post back here.

The thing is that it was like this from the start, new install, without anything else (plg, docker, etc) added

Not sure exactly what the problem is/was, but I tried replacing bz files on the flash drive with a fresh download of 6.2, thinking something may be corrupt. It did nothing.

I downloaded and replaced them with 6.19 version. The GUI is back to normal. It lost my docker for plex for some reason, just added it again and is working fine. Just need to replace some plugins that this broke, but I think all my issues should be solved now, fingers cross, knock of wood, etc.

• 4 months later...

This appears to still be a problem.

I just upgraded to 6.30 hoping that something would have been solved, but i am having very slow webGUI response times.

Dockers:

Plex

Sabnzbd

duckdns

Plugins (all updated):

CA autoupdate

CA Backup

CA Cleanup

Community Applications

Couchpotato

Dynamix Active Streams

Dynamix sys info

Dynamix sys temp

Fix Common Problems (currently running extended test to see if anything comes up)

Nerdtools

Sickbeard

Statistics

Hardware:

M/B: Supermicro - H8DM8-2

CPU: 2419  - 6 core @ 1800

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Disabled

Cache: 768 kB, 3072 kB, 6144 kB

Memory: 0 GB (max. installable capacity GB) - not sure why it has this. There is 8GB installed right now.

Network: eth0: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

tower-diagnostics-20170206-1848.zip