unRAID Server Release 6.2 Stable Release Available

limetech

I'm still curious about the SMB version, hope to see someone respond about that.

I don't know if it will help but no harm in trying, he can try downgrading to SMB 2.0.2 or SMB 3.0.0 that is the same used by unRAID 6.1.9 (6.2.4 uses SMB 3.1.1)

To downgrade go to Settings -> SMB -> and add to "Samba extra configuration:"

max protocol = SMB2_02

or

max protocol = SMB3_00

Connected clients may need to reboot to reconnect, probably best to try this 2.0.2 first due to the performance issues with v6.2 and SMB3.

I'll keep this in mind once I get home and see what the status is properly.

But I'm glad the parameters can be added if need be.

Thanks

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So after using the Local Master plugin and the smb commands to enter as extras, I'm able to in fact see the NAS now, on kodi.

As for windows 10, as soon as I booted up the computer, it showed on unraid that the windows 10 laptop took over as local master, even though I had entered those smb extra settings:

[global]

domain master = yes

preferred master = yes

os level = 255

So clearly win10 has it's own privileges.

Regardless, kodi can now find it on its own.  Windows 10 however, network discovery does not find it, but by ip I can connect to it no problem.

Anyway, thanks again too all who helped!  I agree with frank, this issue of networking is definitely off topic from the rest of this thread, but still very important for others to find information on.

So after using the Local Master plugin and the smb commands to enter as extras, I'm able to in fact see the NAS now, on kodi.

As for windows 10, as soon as I booted up the computer, it showed on unraid that the windows 10 laptop took over as local master, even though I had entered those smb extra settings:

[global]

domain master = yes

preferred master = yes

os level = 255

Regardless, kodi can now find it on its own.  Windows 10 however, network discovery does not find it, but by ip I can connect to it no problem.

Anyway, thanks again too all who helped!  I agree with frank, this issue of networking is definitely off topic from the rest of this thread, but still very important for others to find information on.

Try using this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Parameters]
"MaintainServerList"="No"

See if that fixes your Windows 10 box from becoming the master browser.

[global]

domain master = yes

preferred master = yes

os level = 255

Did you reboot the server?  It requires a reboot for those settings to take affect.

[global]

domain master = yes

preferred master = yes

os level = 255

Did you reboot the server?  It requires a reboot for those settings to take affect.

Just did, as well as rebooted the windows 10 machine, unraid successfully took over as master now.

Hooray! Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• VLAN and multiple Ethernet support

I am currently looking into vlans in unraid. I could not find any detailed discussion/explanation, so i'll ask here.

http://blog.davidvassallo.me/2012/05/05/kvm-brctl-in-linux-bringing-vlans-to-the-guests/

From what i can see, LT went the first route, because I can see multiple sub-interfaces on eth0 when enabling VLANs.

The difference is that when subinterfaces are defined  on eth0, as noted previously Linux will strip the vlan tag, but when defined on the bridge, the vlan tags are kept. The vNICs are both members of the bridge, with the result that the tagged traffic is presented directly to them, with the VLAN tagging intact.

So you could send tagged traffic out, but the returning traffic won't be tagged anymore and, unless defined as PVID/native vlan, therefore ignored by the application inside your VM.

If you need ONE inteface in your VM with MANY vlans you would need to add every br0.X interface to the VM and build a bridge in the VM. (packets still wouldn't be tagged)

IF kvm would be the main reason for adding/using vlan (in my case it is...) the second way would be far better.

I think you could still use br0.X if your vm can't handle vlans (windows vm...).

I was looking into pfsense, vmware and other "vlan-aware" applications, but from what I see, that won't work?

I am not sure what a change from the current system would mean for other vlan use-cases or even normal usage, maybe it could get changed without harm?

Could I still disable vlans in the gui and manually add vlans to the bridge, or does it actually disable any vlan-functionallity?

If it was already discussed, i missed the party, sry :)

I could open another thread if you want to keep the anouncement clean :)

• 2 months later...

Finally upgrading from 6.1.9 to 6.3.3 so I went through the procedures for my VM's however neither fs0 or fs1 work.

After posting this, after reading/searching more I learned I could type exit here, but this takes me to the BIOS but doesn't allow me to boot into windows. This was a working windows 7 install.

Here is the VM page.

QeOo9of.png

rj8av9q.png

zYMq8NE.png

bHxjKnc.png

Edited by Dmtalon

I am trying a vanilla upgrade from 6.2.0rc4 to 6.2.0 stable using the update plugin but the plugin cannot find any files. I know I can do this manually but, I was wondering if this is my problem or a LimeTech issue.

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.2-x86_64.zip ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
plugin: wget: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.2-x86_64.zip download failure (Invalid URL / Server error response)

24 minutes ago, Trailbrake said:

I am trying a vanilla upgrade from 6.2.0rc4 to 6.2.0 stable using the update plugin but the plugin cannot find any files. I know I can do this manually but, I was wondering if this is my problem or a LimeTech issue.

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.2-x86_64.zip ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
plugin: wget: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.2-x86_64.zip download failure (Invalid URL / Server error response)

Did you check for updates on the plugins page? Looking at the Limetech website the oldest download link currently is for 6.2.4 and the latest is for 6.3.3.

Since you're coming from so far back and you say you know you can do it manually, that would probably be a better idea anyway.

14 minutes ago, Trailbrake said:

Yes, that's exactly how I got this error. After checking for plugin updates, the plugin is suggesting I upgrade to 6.2.0 stable... "click here" ;-)  I was trying the automagic approach but, the easy button is broken. If I go manual, should I just upgrade to 6.3.3?

I'm using 6.3.3. You might try reading the release threads in the Announcements forum. I know some people have stayed on 6.2.4 due to some (perceived?) issues with their specific setup.

10 minutes ago, Trailbrake said:

The download link at the bottom of the plugin page also fails with the same file not found errors. Perhaps I have a routing or DNS problem but, everything else seems to work. Is there something I can ping to check?

"unRAID OS v6.2.0-stable is available. Download Now"

I wouldn't expect that link to work any differently than what you already did. Maybe that version just isn't out there. And I don't think there is any good reason to not go to at least 6.2.4, possibly good reasons to not go before that (support, security patches, etc) and so that's why the older versions aren't on the download page anymore.

Edited by trurl
spelling
1 minute ago, Trailbrake said:

I am actually now more concerned that the plugin is broken and not updating than the fact that is cannot find the files for an old release. Is it possible to manually update the update plug-in. Sounds redundant. 

The update plugin page isn't a plugin itself. It is part of the core. So when you update the core it will probably be updated.