Clear all notifications button.....

CHBMB

Working on some enhancements for the notifications system.

This is for a future release though.

The big thing I see with that is if the [close all] is always visible at the bottom of the screen.  If it only shows at the end of the list, then you may have to close a bunch of notifications in order to be able to see the close all.  Put it at the top instead...

Consolidate Notifications Functionality to Single Summary Alert

Is it possible to instead of seeing the multitude of new notifications to limit it to A single notification saying "You have # new Notifications. [Click To View in Notifications]".

Sometimes when I return to the system I have dozens upon dozens of Notifications that effectively makes the UI unusable while it's rendering all of them. It would be better to display the single notification alert indicating I have 200 new notifications. Then I can navigate to the notification area to view them.

Naturally, this limit on maximum number of notifications to display would be user configurable.

{ Cross Posted from: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=51769.0 }

For testing I did the following, is this what you are looking for?

I introduced a "summarized" view for notifications.

Instead of seeing all notifications in detail, there will be three counters, one for each type of notification.

Clicking on a counter gives a menu with the options to acknowledge outstanding messages or to view them.

notifications-new-3.png.acb9b6a33dfd9d70fa009172a8c8a5d8.png

• Upvote 1

I'll be the voice in the wind here and say I don't like it.

I'd rather see all errors as classic notifications and if you want that route, only normal notices as the button with the number.

I never get around to clicking the little windows notification widget in my taskbar even when it shows that there are alerts, simply because I'm not noticing anything wrong with the computer.  Why would my server be any different?

I'd rather see all errors as classic notifications and if you want that route, only normal notices as the button with the number.

I never get around to clicking the little windows notification widget in my taskbar even when it shows that there are alerts, simply because I'm not noticing anything wrong with the computer.  Why would my server be any different?

Have a closer look to the picture. Notifications can be shown the 'traditional' way (detailed) or less obstructive (summarized). The choice is yours :)

Have a closer look to the picture. Notifications can be shown the 'traditional' way (detailed) or less obstructive (summarized). The choice is yours :)

Understood.  But it appears that you still have to click the indicator to even show that pop up.  And that's what I want to avoid for errors.  Or at least make the operation of that a setting

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

So..  sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've never been able to find an answer through google or the forum..  THere is a "Close all notifications" button at the top right of my screen now, but EVERY TIME I log back into the console, I have old notifications, and i Have to clear dozens of screens of notifications.  Why do these keep coming back?   It's clearly not all of them, but as I log in now, I see that back in AUGUST, I had a bunch of overheating drives..  I know that.. I fixed a fan back in august, and I have cleared this message a dozen or more times as I've logged in to look at other stuff over the months.  Is there somewhere I  should be clearing them permanently that I'm missing?  I can't believe that if I wasn't the only one having this problem that  there wouldn't be more questions about it, so I figure I'm doing something dumb..  Please help!!  :-)