[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

6 hours ago, ltoolio said:

And a question:

The page here makes mention of Icons being included in the docker image, but I'm not seeing the /picons directory.  Is it there and I'm not seeing it?

Yes it's there. Read the github readme for more info. Look at the screenshot I attached and you will see it's there.

10 hours ago, ltoolio said:

Now onto a request:

I'm currently using the SchedulesDirect method, using tv_grab_zz_sdjson.  It works, but I'd rather use the Zap2it method (since it's free).

I've tried to configure it using both the automated method and the manual method, but both bomb out since the needed Perl components aren't in the docker.  I've tried installing the components via myriad means, but cannot get them to fully install since Make isn't part of the docker.

Any thoughts of how to get around this?  Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the great work on the Docker!

I can't include the Zap2it grabber as the author do not allow redistribution of the script at all. So you have to talk to him if you want to do something about it.

picons.PNG

4 hours ago, saarg said:

Yes it's there. Read the github readme for more info. Look at the screenshot I attached and you will see it's there.

I can't include the Zap2it grabber as the author do not allow redistribution of the script at all. So you have to talk to him if you want to do something about it.

picons.PNG

Thanks, Saarg.

The picons was Linux ignorance on my part.  I wasn't running the ls with the right parameters, but I see it now.

Regarding the zap2it grabber - I don't speak Linux well, so I probably didn't explain it correctly.

I wasn't proposing it being added directly to the docker, but rather was referring to challenges experienced during it's manual installation.

In attempting the install of the zap2it grabber, I get a message stating that the JSON::XS module is necessary.  When I attempt to install the JSON::XS module using cpanm, I get failures indicating that it can't make (maybe the wrong word there) the package at the end of the install.

I don't want to run it against my (now working) docker, but I could spin up another and grab some screenshots if it will help explain it better.

perl -MCPAN -e 'install JSON::XS'

Edited by ltoolio
32 minutes ago, ltoolio said:

Thanks, Saarg.

The picons was Linux ignorance on my part.  I wasn't running the ls with the right parameters, but I see it now.

Regarding the zap2it grabber - I don't speak Linux well, so I probably didn't explain it correctly.

I wasn't proposing it being added directly to the docker, but rather was referring to challenges experienced during it's manual installation.

In attempting the install of the zap2it grabber, I get a message stating that the JSON::XS module is necessary.  When I attempt to install the JSON::XS module using cpanm, I get failures indicating that it can't make (maybe the wrong word there) the package at the end of the install.

I don't want to run it against my (now working) docker, but I could spin up another and grab some screenshots if it will help explain it better.

perl -MCPAN -e 'install JSON::XS'

If you want to use the zap2it grabber, we are not going to touch it at all.

Trying to add software by yourself in our container is also not support by us. You need build tools to build the cpanm packages and we don't include them and will not either, as it makes the image bigger for all users.

If you look at the webpage for zap2it you are not even allowed to integrate it at all. That even means scheduling cron to run it. So the only legal way to run it is to type the command every time you want to run it.

If you want to add it to a container by yourself I suggest you make a new thread to get help :) 

I had this docker working fine and then after moving my tv card to another slot the docker stopped working.  I've tried reinstalling, but I get this error:

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="tvheadend" --net="br0" --ip="172.30.12.70" -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PGID"="100" -e "PUID"="99" -e "TCP_PORT_9981"="9981" -e "TCP_PORT_9982"="9982" -e "TZ"="Europe/London" -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/tv_recordings/recordings/":"/recordings":rw -v "/mnt/user/tv_recordings/timeshift/":"/timeshift":rw --device=/dev/dvb/ linuxserver/tvheadend
65e25772644732cf830e16f1139416f68f07d59f10a773e6d63ea83f3b5676b9
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: linux runtime spec devices: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dvb": lstat /dev/dvb: no such file or directory.

The command failed.

The card is detected by unraid dvb edition:

59f24bf92ae7c_FireShotCapture50-Highlander_UnraidDVB-http___172_30_12.2_Settings_UnraidDVB.thumb.png.6e326c34d779ac95a6b6e28d674a7a1f.png

Confused - help please!

highlander-diagnostics-20171026-2155.zip

5 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

@DZMM Is this the first time you've switched from the TBS closed source drivers to the open source drivers?

nope - I've always been on the open source drivers with this TBS card I think (well, for a long time anyway)

What happened today:

1. machine kept crashing (turned out to be a loose SATA cable). 
  2. During investigation thought TV card looked a bit too close to another card, so moved to diff slot to space out a bit more
  3. got confused with stubbing (you saw the other post).  Moved card back to previous slot
  4. Removed new stubbing and rebooted
  5. docker wouldn't start - said docker doesn't exist (weird)
  6. removed and then reinstalled with same settings from App plugin
  7. get docker error
Edited by DZMM

Just thinking through things again, the only way I can explain this is the card is being snatched by a VM or dropping off or something.

The DVB adapter driver checks for the presence of the drivers each time the DVB web page is loaded.

The individual cards are detected at boot only and, if present, recorded and are static, so if the card drops off or is being used by a VM that change won't be reflected in the individual card statuses.

What's the output of 

ls -la /dev/dvb/

Edited by CHBMB
42 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Just thinking through things again, the only way I can explain this is the card is being snatched by a VM or dropping off or something.

That was it - with the card moving around, one of my VMs grabbed the TV card rather than a USB controller.  Sorted - thanks.

My wife just got back and she's probably missed a corrie/emerdale recording - hope she doesn't notice!

12 hours ago, DZMM said:

That was it - with the card moving around, one of my VMs grabbed the TV card rather than a USB controller.  Sorted - thanks.

My wife just got back and she's probably missed a corrie/emerdale recording - hope she doesn't notice!

hmm not totally out of the woods yet.  My wife just tried to watch tv and it wasn't working and I actually opened the docker (thought launching was enough) and the adapters aren't showing in TVH.

I get from 

ls -la /dev/dvb/

total 0
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root  120 Oct 26 22:57 ./
drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 4040 Oct 27 11:45 ../
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  120 Oct 26 22:57 adapter0/
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  120 Oct 26 22:57 adapter1/
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  120 Oct 26 22:57 adapter2/
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  120 Oct 26 22:57 adapter3/

I'm guessing the 0 is bad?  Do I need to reboot or is there another solution? I'm in the middle of a parity check so I can't do that for another 6 hours or so if that's the solution.

2 minutes ago, DZMM said:

hmm not totally out of the woods yet.  My wife just tried to watch tv and it wasn't working and I actually opened the docker (thought launching was enough) and the adapters aren't showing in TVH.

I get from 

ls -la /dev/dvb/

total 0
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root  120 Oct 26 22:57 ./
drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 4040 Oct 27 11:45 ../
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  120 Oct 26 22:57 adapter0/
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  120 Oct 26 22:57 adapter1/
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  120 Oct 26 22:57 adapter2/
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  120 Oct 26 22:57 adapter3/

I'm guessing the 0 is bad?  Do I need to reboot or is there another solution? I'm in the middle of a parity check so I can't do that for another 6 hours or so if that's the solution.

mine looks mostly identical, but watch the permissions closely. i guess (and think to recall that) you need to modify those to match mine.

drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Oct 24 15:04 adapter0/
drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Oct 24 15:04 adapter1/
drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Oct 24 15:04 adapter2/
drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Oct 24 15:04 adapter3/

i think your docker can't access those, because of insufficient permissions.

56 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

mine looks mostly identical, but watch the permissions closely. i guess (and think to recall that) you need to modify those to match mine.

drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Oct 24 15:04 adapter0/
drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Oct 24 15:04 adapter1/
drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Oct 24 15:04 adapter2/
drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Oct 24 15:04 adapter3/

i think your docker can't access those, because of insufficient permissions.

Thanks - how do I change the permissions of adapters?  Never done that before

44 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Thanks - how do I change the permissions of adapters?  Never done that before

stop the docker first, then run this command as root (mostly your root anyway in unRAID console):

chown -R nobody:users /dev/dvb

afterwards restart the docker.

Edited by s.Oliver
  • Like 1

Hi, may i ask if here anyone knows howto add a second post process after a record ...

as i saw that comskip is included (very nice) i would like to move after comskip is done ... so filebot can continue from its working directory ...

if not from TVH itself, may from comskip to set a destination path ?

for an tip thanks ahead.

2 hours ago, alturismo said:

Hi, may i ask if here anyone knows howto add a second post process after a record ...

as i saw that comskip is included (very nice) i would like to move after comskip is done ... so filebot can continue from its working directory ...

if not from TVH itself, may from comskip to set a destination path ?

for an tip thanks ahead.

Write a script that does both. 

• 3 weeks later...

Im trying to get the tv_grab_file grabber to work.

I followed the instructions regarding the grab file in this post 

https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/10322

The guide.xml file is located in appdata/tvheadend, and the tv_grab_file, which I downloaded from here (https://github.com/Rigolo/tv-grab-file)  is located in /usr/bin.

I changed the line indicated in the instructions to cat /mnt/usr/appdata/tvheadend/guide.xml

When the grabber runs in tvheadend I get this message:

2017-11-19 20:49:09.654 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: grab /usr/bin/tv_grab_file
2017-11-19 20:49:09.657 spawn: Executing "/usr/bin/tv_grab_file"
2017-11-19 20:49:09.669 spawn: cat: '/config/data/*.xml': No such file or directory
2017-11-19 20:49:09.669 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: no output detected
2017-11-19 20:49:09.669 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: grab returned no data

Im not sure where the /config/data directory resides.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

5 hours ago, biiiink said:

Im trying to get the tv_grab_file grabber to work.

I followed the instructions regarding the grab file in this post 

https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/10322

The guide.xml file is located in appdata/tvheadend, and the tv_grab_file, which I downloaded from here (https://github.com/Rigolo/tv-grab-file)  is located in /usr/bin.

I changed the line indicated in the instructions to cat /mnt/usr/appdata/tvheadend/guide.xml

When the grabber runs in tvheadend I get this message:

2017-11-19 20:49:09.654 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: grab /usr/bin/tv_grab_file

2017-11-19 20:49:09.657 spawn: Executing "/usr/bin/tv_grab_file"

2017-11-19 20:49:09.669 spawn: cat: '/config/data/*.xml': No such file or directory

2017-11-19 20:49:09.669 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: no output detected

2017-11-19 20:49:09.669 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: grab returned no data

Im not sure where the /config/data directory resides.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

There is no need to download the tv_grab_file as it's already in the container. It looks for an xml file in /config/data/, so just create a data folder in the appdata folder and add your xml file there. 

You might want to remove and install the container again of you replaced the tv_grab_file. 

1 hour ago, biiiink said:

Thanks for the help. 

When I looked in /usr/bin, the tv_grab_file did not exist

You have to check the grabber section of the  settings of tvheadend for the location, but I'm pretty sure it's in /usr/bin. Did you look in the container or in unraids /usr/bin?