[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

11 minutes ago, bcr621 said:

I have an HDHomerun Prime with a cable card from Verizon (I'm in the US). I've just installed the docker and run through the wizard. The Homerun tuners all come up as DVB-C instead of ATSC. What am I missing?

TVHeadend.jpg

I don't know much about the hdhomerun, but don't you get a menu on the right side of the screen shot with some options? 

Isn't there any option to choose ATSC in the wizard? 

1 minute ago, saarg said:

I don't know much about the hdhomerun, but don't you get a menu on the right side of the screen shot with some options? 

Isn't there any option to choose ATSC in the wizard? 

I found the option to change them to ATSC, it's in the HDHomerun folder, not the individual tuners.

However, there is no ability to choose in the wizard. I'm re-running the wizard now, the tuner section is grayed out. They show as ATSC now because I changed them manually. When I originally ran it, the tuners came up as DVB-C and there was no way to change it. 

TVHeadend 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have tvheadend installed on Unraid 6.3.5 -

M/B: Supermicro - X10SLL-F
CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1265L v3 @ 2.50GHz
HVM: Enabled
IOMMU: Enabled
Cache: 256 kB, 1024 kB, 8192 kB
Memory: 16 GB (max. installable capacity 32 GB)
Network: eth0: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500 
Kernel: Linux 4.9.30-unRAID x86_64

Tvheadend is attached to two hdhomerun  network devices (first generation which produce mpeg-2 output) connected to an antenna for OTA content.

I'm not using this much - but tried a few things and some work some don't (at least for me). I'd like to know find out if this is something having to do with my setup (perhaps some error), or more general, due to, perhaps, running as a docker app etc.

So:

I can only watch/stream to my browser through webtv-vorbis codec. The other codecs do not produce any output. Sometimes I only get audio, and no video. For HD content would be great to be able to recode on the fly the mpeg stream - which otherwise doesn't run too well over wifi. I have 

I can only record program through default profile(pass mpeg) - which generates huge files. I can convert them afterwards, but if conversion on the fly/during recording, is possible, I would try to use it.

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you

hg

5 hours ago, hgeorges said:

Hi,

I have tvheadend installed on Unraid 6.3.5 -

M/B: Supermicro - X10SLL-F
CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1265L v3 @ 2.50GHz
HVM: Enabled
IOMMU: Enabled
Cache: 256 kB, 1024 kB, 8192 kB
Memory: 16 GB (max. installable capacity 32 GB)
Network: eth0: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500 
Kernel: Linux 4.9.30-unRAID x86_64

Tvheadend is attached to two hdhomerun  network devices (first generation which produce mpeg-2 output) connected to an antenna for OTA content.

I'm not using this much - but tried a few things and some work some don't (at least for me). I'd like to know find out if this is something having to do with my setup (perhaps some error), or more general, due to, perhaps, running as a docker app etc.

So:

I can only watch/stream to my browser through webtv-vorbis codec. The other codecs do not produce any output. Sometimes I only get audio, and no video. For HD content would be great to be able to recode on the fly the mpeg stream - which otherwise doesn't run too well over wifi. I have 

I can only record program through default profile(pass mpeg) - which generates huge files. I can convert them afterwards, but if conversion on the fly/during recording, is possible, I would try to use it.

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you

hg

Your browser most likely doesn't support mpeg2 directly and that is way it's only working with the virb is profile. Don't use the built in web player in the web interface. Use Kodi or other players that have HTSP plugins/clients. 

To record with transcoding, you have to use something other than pass through in the recording settings. 

hey guys,

i reverted back to the "linuxserver/tvheadend:release-4.2" version and wanted to report/check for one failure/feature seen here with the update process of the docker.

my installation of TVH shows this version "HTS Tvheadend 4.2.3-39~ge195d1845" as installed (i guess it was that version from start on).

now, every time when dockers get checked for newer versions, i get notified that there is a newer one for TVH. letting it update doesn't resolve to any other/newer version – it stays the same.

while it's showing the updating dialog there doesn't get one new part downloaded (it takes just 2-3 secs); so actually it ends in a pure restart of the docker with the same version.

is it a known problem (bug) with version checking? has anybody the same?

thx. and have a good day.

Edited by s.Oliver
12 hours ago, s.Oliver said:

hey guys,

i reverted back to the "linuxserver/tvheadend:release-4.2" version and wanted to report/check for one failure/feature seen here with the update process of the docker.

my installation of TVH shows this version "HTS Tvheadend 4.2.3-39~ge195d1845" as installed (i guess it was that version from start on).

now, every time when dockers get checked for newer versions, i get notified that there is a newer one for TVH. letting it update doesn't resolve to any other/newer version – it stays the same.

while it's showing the updating dialog there doesn't get one new part downloaded (it takes just 2-3 secs); so actually it ends in a pure restart of the docker with the same version.

is it a known problem (bug) with version checking? has anybody the same?

thx. and have a good day.

That is an issue with unraid. Don't remember why it happens or the fix, but there should be some posts about it in the forum. 

2 minutes ago, saarg said:

Not by heart. It just builds the released version when it's built every Friday night. So you will have to check the tvheadend site. 

hihi, i did that in the past somehow i never understood which version was which tree (stable, unstable, development).

well, this time i see this:

download.svg

that would probably fit (if it's the same tree). but that means that my docker is with 4.2.3-39 way behind.

Edited by s.Oliver
3 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

hihi, i did that and it seems i never come up with the right version. probably their website and presentation of version informations is too complicated for my brain ;-)

thx. anyway

Maybe you need glasses ;-)

The current version is right on the front page. 

Screenshot_20171013-153300.png

Deleting the image file when removing the container should download the latest available. But might not be the same version as on the tvheadend site. 

Just downloaded the latest container and it's 4.2.3-95~g2bc61c904. Will be updated tonight though to the version on the tvheadend site. 

Edited by saarg
1 minute ago, saarg said:

Deleting the image file when removing the container should download the latest available. But might not be the same version as on the tvheadend site. 

well, we'll see what happens, i keep you posted here.

need to get it addressed anyway, because always getting the impression/post of having an update is driving me mad.

So I'm pretty new to unRAID, in fact I'm still in the testing period, but everything's working pretty well, except that tvheadend is causing me some headache. 

I'm using a Digital Devices Cine S2 V6.5 and have installed the according drivers via the unRAID DVB Edition. Live TV is working until I start a recording. The recordings don't seem to finish and blocks the tuner (unfortunately only 1 tuner can be used), even though the recorded file are way too small (I think the longest recording was about 1 hour long). Following recordings are missed and Live TV doesn't work anymore. Even when I stop the recording in the WebUI Live TV doesn't work anymore. Restarting the docker doesn't help either, but a reboot solves the problem until the next recording starts.

I hope it's clear what I'm trying to say. unfortunately I'm also new to Docker, so my knowledge in that area is also limited. Maybe someone knows what the problem might be or point me in the right direction. 

1 minute ago, Spooky83 said:

So I'm pretty new to unRAID, in fact I'm still in the testing period, but everything's working pretty well, except that tvheadend is causing me some headache. 

I'm using a Digital Devices Cine S2 V6.5 and have installed the according drivers via the unRAID DVB Edition. Live TV is working until I start a recording. The recordings don't seem to finish and blocks the tuner (unfortunately only 1 tuner can be used), even though the recorded file are way too small (I think the longest recording was about 1 hour long). Following recordings are missed and Live TV doesn't work anymore. Even when I stop the recording in the WebUI Live TV doesn't work anymore. Restarting the docker doesn't help either, but a reboot solves the problem until the next recording starts.

I hope it's clear what I'm trying to say. unfortunately I'm also new to Docker, so my knowledge in that area is also limited. Maybe someone knows what the problem might be or point me in the right direction. 

Which version of tvheadend are you running? If running release-4.2, then try the latest and vice versa. If that doesn't help, it might be an issue with the driver. If you dare, it might be worth trying the 6.4 RC of unraid. 

10 hours ago, Spooky83 said:

I'm running the "latest" version. But I will try the 4.2-release, but shouldn't they be the same, as 4.2 is the latest stable version?

I'm not shy about trying a rc-Version, but is there already a DVB Edition available?

Latest is not the stable version, but latest from github master. Release-4.2  is the latest stable. 

I don't really recommend to use the latest version as there might be lots of bugs until the have added all the new features and stabilized it. 

22 hours ago, saarg said:

Just downloaded the latest container and it's 4.2.3-95~g2bc61c904. Will be updated tonight though to the version on the tvheadend site. 

thx. for that.

i did yesterday a re-install (and even a total rebuild of the docker.img) of the release:4-2 and also got the same version than you. but, i got a whole new bunch of problems, all fixed but one: some recordings just write the first few B/KB in the file and then it suddenly stops. Status / Abonnements shows still incoming data but nothing for outgoing – so the file isn't growing in size. the files are too small for inspection with a video editor (complains immediately that no video titles can be found).

i never had this error before (with really alot of recordings happened). i use an unassigned drive as destination.

since that, i did several re-installings (even back to latest 4.3.556) all show now the same problem. whenever a file is grown bigger than a few Bytes/KiloBytes it is finishing successfully.

i checked logs from TVH/unRAID and there's nothing to see, all is like it always was.

i'm pulling hairs now, because suddenly TVH has become unreliable in doing recordings.

damn, wish i never had tried to get this version/updating stuff working.

btw: again an update ready was shown for TVH release:4.2 docker, with (then) nothing to update – oh well.

i'm still on unRAID v6.3.5, if that matters.

more infos: it seems to be happening every 3rd/4th recording. and just now i had the case, that even if i aborted the recording and started it again it would not succeed – 4 tries 4 times the same result. but i could immediately live-stream this channel without problems. so this proves (in my opinion) that it is related to writing data to disk (and so maybe even not a TVH only problem). but then, i have not changed anything unRAID related beside the re-/new installation of TVH/dockers.

bang. puff. dead.

Edited by s.Oliver

OK, just tried various constellations. I actually had the 4.2 stable installed and tried to switch to latest. The problem still persists.

Next thing I tried was installing unraid 6.4 rc9. I haven't tried recording something yet, as I was watching soccer but after approximately 1 hour the stream stopped and I couldn't restart it.

It seems like it is some kind of driver issue. The card worked flawlessy until 2 weeks ago (with Win10 and dvbviewer). Any ideas or suggestions?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Edited by Spooky83

Hi,

I have been experimenting with TVHeadend and this docker and had problems with it utilizing my DVBSky S952 card (only 1 tuner worked) it was recommended that I try the plugin instead but I also changed the unRAID DVB OS so not sure what fixed it but it worked! I would prefer to use the docker so I have uninstalled the plugin & rebooted several times but this docker no longer recognizes my DVBSky card? it is detected in unraid DVB OS so I presume the plugin is somehow hanging onto the card? can anyone throw some suggestions my way please?

Many Thanks

image.png.161e49e0245db3e9b508de33d8bbc2ed.png

image.png.41780648a726a78eee927b8d7490ee19.png

Edited by mbc0
add photo
6 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Hi,

I have been experimenting with TVHeadend and this docker and had problems with it utilizing my DVBSky S952 card (only 1 tuner worked) it was recommended that I try the plugin instead but I also changed the unRAID DVB OS so not sure what fixed it but it worked! I would prefer to use the docker so I have uninstalled the plugin & rebooted several times but this docker no longer recognizes my DVBSky card? it is detected in unraid DVB OS so I presume the plugin is somehow hanging onto the card? can anyone throw some suggestions my way please?

Many Thanks

image.png.161e49e0245db3e9b508de33d8bbc2ed.png

image.png.41780648a726a78eee927b8d7490ee19.png

Have you added --device=/dev/dvb in the extra parameters box in the Tvheadend template? 

• Like 1

For those of you who are struggling with getting your HDHomeRun Prime working nicely with this docker (I was one), I found the two items below as a key to getting them to work:

1.  Make sure you set the view to Expert at the Application level...not just by setting it on the individual tab you are on.  This was preventing me from seeing the full EPG Grabber options.

2.  Once I had that done, this article was perfect.  If I had found this early on in my searches, I would have avoided a whole lot of head scratching and would have saved a lot of time. 

Now onto a request:

I'm currently using the SchedulesDirect method, using tv_grab_zz_sdjson.  It works, but I'd rather use the Zap2it method (since it's free).

I've tried to configure it using both the automated method and the manual method, but both bomb out since the needed Perl components aren't in the docker.  I've tried installing the components via myriad means, but cannot get them to fully install since Make isn't part of the docker.

Any thoughts of how to get around this?  Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the great work on the Docker!