[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

Hi, may somehere updated already to 6.4 rc9 ?

i have 2 issues since then, one is my DVB-C network tuner doesnt work anymore (only DVB-S works now on octopus),

when tuning a DVB-C channel i get for example, 192.168.1.124 is the octopus network tuner ...

2017-09-23 16:31:26.955 [WARNING] subscription: 0003: service instance is bad, reason: Tuning failed
2017-09-23 16:31:26.955 [ INFO] mpegts: 618MHz in DVB-C Netzwerk - tuning on SAT>IP DVB-C Tuner #5 (192.168.1.124)
2017-09-23 16:31:26.955 [ INFO] subscription: 0003: "HTTP" subscribing on channel "Sky 1 HD", weight: 100, adapter: "SAT>IP DVB-C Tuner #5 (192.168.1.124)", network: "DVB-C Netzwerk", mux: "618MHz", provider: "SKY", service: "Sky 1 HD", profile="webtv-h264-aac-matroska", hostname="192.168.1.2", username="alturismo", client="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.75 Safari/537.36"
2017-09-23 16:31:26.957 [ ERROR] satip: SAT>IP DVB-C Tuner #5 (192.168.1.124) - RTSP SETUP error -5 (I/O error) [6-404]

2017-09-23 16:31:28.955 [WARNING] subscription: 0003: service instance is bad, reason: Tuning failed

2nd one is freezing of TVH now always ... from TVH log.

2017-09-23 16:29:34.634 [WARNING] mpegts: too much queued table input data (over 2MB), discarding new
2017-09-23 16:29:44.655 [WARNING] mpegts: too much queued table input data (over 2MB), discarding new
2017-09-23 16:29:54.666 [WARNING] mpegts: too much queued table input data (over 2MB), discarding new

may an idea what could be the reason ? happened while idle ... a docker restart fixes it ... but will freeze again when idle for some time.

Edited by alturismo

ok, downgrade didnt help, but i found the solution.

i had to disable dvb-t announcement on my octopus net ... now its back working again and i assume also on rc9.

DVBT was tuner 3 & 4, somehow TVH didnt liked those 2 not activated tuners anymore ... no idea why but nvm ;) no need anyway.

upgraded to rc9 and all good.

thanks again.

On 23.9.2017 at 5:30 PM, saarg said:

Try to downgrade to see if it's related to the new RC. 

Edited by alturismo

Complete newbie to unraid.

I installed 6.3.5 with TVHeadend docker  and DVB Edition with drivers for Digital Devices (DVB-C tuners).

Everything works expect I cannot find a way to import my file with tvguide.

Under Configuration->Channel/EPG->Epg grabber modules, nothing is listed.

The guide from DVB Grabber works, and some of the channels have program info.

I tried to put my tvguide.xml in .xml folder, also epggrab, and manually rerun internal tv grabbers but no info from the file is shown.

The same file works perfectly on Libreelec with TVHeadend plugin.

Please help.

45 minutes ago, milanp said:

Complete newbie to unraid.

I installed 6.3.5 with TVHeadend docker  and DVB Edition with drivers for Digital Devices (DVB-C tuners).

Everything works expect I cannot find a way to import my file with tvguide.

Under Configuration->Channel/EPG->Epg grabber modules, nothing is listed.

The guide from DVB Grabber works, and some of the channels have program info.

I tried to put my tvguide.xml in .xml folder, also epggrab, and manually rerun internal tv grabbers but no info from the file is shown.

The same file works perfectly on Libreelec with TVHeadend plugin.

Please help.

I'm a little confused about your post...

You say there is nothing listed under EPG grabber modules, but say you re-run the internal grabber later in the post.

You don't seem to have read the readme on github for how to setup grabbing. Take a look in the the first post for the link to github.

I just installed the release-4.2 branch of tvheadend here and I have a full list of EPG Grabber modules. Are you using our container? 

I am also confused. I run two tvheadend servers in parallel, one on libreelec, and one on Unraid.

After going to the web interface of the libreelec tvheadend server, strangely the tab with epg-grabber modules appeared.

Seems something was wrong with the browser. I could run the grabbers from 

Anyways, I enabled the external xmltv grabbers from EPG Grabber tab->rerun  internal tv-grabbers.

On my libreelec tvheadend I run two grabbers:

- External XMLTV

- Internal: XMLTV (tv_grab_file).... This one is missing in the docker tvheadend configuration.

And I just wget my tvguide.xml half and hour before the schedule of tvheadends schedule and I have never had a problem.

I am completely new to dockers, and I am lost.

Below are screenshots of my previous strange situtaion, first one without the EPG Grabber tab, second one with it, same machine, same adress, same server.

no-tab.thumb.png.14b482298cc48be35ef1422982237219.pngtab.thumb.png.bad2adfcae93d150fe435f8726002034.png

The problem is most likely that you haven't changed the user interface level from basic. Then you will not see the epg grabber modules tab. The reason you saw it after going to the Libreelec on is probably browser cache. 

For grabbing a file with the internal file grabber you need to read the github Readme as I stated before. 

I already read the wiki, and read it several times.

And instructions were the same as with any tvheadend , but

the list of grabbers is much bigger,it seems that I could not see the grabber I needed, and I was 100% sure

that Internal: XMLTV (tv_grab_file) is not on the list anymore.(Wondered why ?,thought I have to learn something new?)

FINALLY FOUND THE GRABBER IN THE BOTTOM PART OF THE LIST ,SET EVERYTHING AS USUAL,AND IT WORKS.

Thank you.

Edited by milanp

Hi all,

Complete noob to all of this! I have searched and searched but how do I add the headend tuner to emby? I scan for other but nothing is found.. I have tried the localhost and true IP, added a user into headend (cannot find anywhere to add a password?) any pointers/guides?

Cheers

44 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

Hi all,

Complete noob to all of this! I have searched and searched but how do I add the headend tuner to emby? I scan for other but nothing is found.. I have tried the localhost and true IP, added a user into headend (cannot find anywhere to add a password?) any pointers/guides?

Cheers

This is better asked in the emby community I think. I haven't tried emby in years. 

58 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

Hi all,

Cheers

there is a Tvheadend plugin for emby. Seems to work for me :)

image.thumb.png.ec47ee74c36a78e56e9b29bf16d4315c.pngimage.thumb.png.efa4f4f55b2268c60482a087622e2266.png

Hi thanks for that, I had already got that far and installed the headend client plugin on Emby but I see you have specified a password, what I cannot understand is where to put that password in this headend docker, also did you just scan for "other" tuners in Emby to add headend?

Cheers

1 hour ago, mbc0 said:

Hi thanks for that, I had already got that far and installed the headend client plugin on Emby but I see you have specified a password, what I cannot understand is where to put that password in this headend docker, also did you just scan for "other" tuners in Emby to add headend?

Cheers

As long as the tuners are working in TVheadend and the plugin can connect to the server the TV Channels will be displayed, also the plugin status can be seen in the live tv tab.

Normally you can leave the password and user blank. Do you have to enter a password when you log in to TVheadend? To create a password you need to create a user in the user tab then you can specify a password in the password tab. Oh make sure the default view level in general is set to expert

image.thumb.png.4b429eba7434cfc2156b83edf5fe12e2.png

I have exactly the same functionality working, emby with tvheadend plugin.

Two things are essential:

1. To have user defined in tvheadend (you can add a password to the user in configuration->users->passwords)

2. You have to add the ports for tvheadend to the emby docker (default 9981 and 9982)

I have made some progress in such that I can now connect to the headend server!

59d16ab1d7091_tvheadend1.jpg

The problem I have is that when I click a tv channel in emby I get nothing but a spinning circle and tvheadend/Emby does not throw any errors?

I have added my m3u file and muxed, do I need to do anything else?

59d16b34cd25b_tvheadend2.jpg

Don't know about emby, but you need to map the channels you want to use in tvheadend. Go to the service tab and choose the ones you want and choose the map channels icon. 

If the channels are encrypted also, you need to add the server that uses your subscription card to decrypt the channel. You add that under the CAs tab. If you haven't a server for that set up, you need to set up oscam or similar.