[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

11 minutes ago, saarg said:

As far as I know there is an enigma2 Plugin to connect to tvheadend. This way you could record everything on tvheadend and still use your dreambox. 

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that, I currently have it set up to record to unRAID using NFS but that might actually be better, I'll look into it.

1 minute ago, unJim said:

Tried that, it doesn't work with the dreambox for some reason, I don't know why as it works with everything else but the dreambox doesn't get the correct frequencies from minisatip (I'm thinking the DiSEqC commands aren't getting passed through) so I gave up on that idea :)

Ahh ok, not sure what else to suggest! I haven't used tvheadend itself as a satip server. Personally for my DVB-S stuff, I run a Digibit R1 which is a network satip device, which I use via tvheadend, great bit of kit.

25 minutes ago, j0nnymoe said:

Ahh ok, not sure what else to suggest! I haven't used tvheadend itself as a satip server. Personally for my DVB-S stuff, I run a Digibit R1 which is a network satip device, which I use via tvheadend, great bit of kit.

It's quit possible when I get tvheadend listening on port 554 I'll have the same issue, although I'm hoping not.

That Digibit R1 looks nice, probably should have bought one of them instead :)

1 hour ago, unJim said:

It's quit possible when I get tvheadend listening on port 554 I'll have the same issue, although I'm hoping not.

That Digibit R1 looks nice, probably should have bought one of them instead :)

If the problem was only with the dreambox, you might want to bug the developers to fix it. It doesn't sound like a minisatip bug if every other client works. 

1 hour ago, saarg said:

If the problem was only with the dreambox, you might want to bug the developers to fix it. It doesn't sound like a minisatip bug if every other client works. 

Yeah, I've now had tvheadend running sat>ip on port 554, it did allow me to tune into a few channels intermittently, sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't, when it wouldn't it would flood the logs with;

2017-02-24 19:11:32.352 http: 192.168.1.5: RTSP/1.0 SETUP rtsp://192.168.1.10:554/?pids=0 -- 400

and pretty much kill the tvheadend web interface, it doesn't look like it is always asking for the correct stream.

Has to be a problem with the sat>ip client on the dreambox. Guess I'll have to find another way.

8 minutes ago, unJim said:

Yeah, I've now had tvheadend running sat>ip on port 554, it did allow me to tune into a few channels intermittently, sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't, when it wouldn't it would flood the logs with;

2017-02-24 19:11:32.352 http: 192.168.1.5: RTSP/1.0 SETUP rtsp://192.168.1.10:554/?pids=0 -- 400

and pretty much kill the tvheadend web interface, it doesn't look like it is always asking for the correct stream.

Has to be a problem with the sat>ip client on the dreambox. Guess I'll have to find another way.

Ditch the dreambox and get a shield Tv and let tvheadend deal with recording and streaming to clients :)

9 minutes ago, saarg said:

Ditch the dreambox and get a shield Tv and let tvheadend deal with recording and streaming to clients :)

I've considered it, they do look nice :). Can't tear myself away from the dreambox at the moment though, I can't find anything that handles bouquets as well as it does (AutoBouquetMaker), it "just works".

11 minutes ago, unJim said:

I've considered it, they do look nice :). Can't tear myself away from the dreambox at the moment though, I can't find anything that handles bouquets as well as it does (AutoBouquetMaker), it "just works".

I have never used bouquets. It's basically just a tag on every channel to easily get to a specific type of channels, right?

11 minutes ago, saarg said:

I have never used bouquets. It's basically just a tag on every channel to easily get to a specific type of channels, right?

Basically yep;

1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg.e25f3832cf9383fc1a623c36715d3d4b.jpg

channel numbers are automatically assigned to be the same as the provider and it updates itself when numbers get changed around.

1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0_1.jpg.d696e070e6dcb2a73513305700b3f246.jpg

everything is categorised and easy to find and it's all automated.

When I first started playing around with this stuff it took too much babysitting, when providers moved channels around things broke. This I just set and forget.

I have a TVHeadEnd hardware config question hopefully someone cn help me with....

Until recently, I was running TvHeadEnd in a plugin with my Digital Devices Octopus and DVB-T and DVB-S tuners all running on UnRaid DVB Edition. A recent power cut brought down my server and, on restart, I couldn't get my DVB-T tuners to work (they showed up OK but didn't receive a signal).

Having planned for some time to migrate to this Docker, I figured this was the opportunity to bite the bullet.

I updated unRAID DVB to 6.3.2 and installed the docker. DVB Edition reports all my tuners present but when I look at the TvAdapters tab  of TVHeadEnd, there's an oddity. (images attached)

Tuners 0 and 1 are DVB-T and they work OK.

Tuners 2 and 5 are on one Octopus daughtercard and they show up and tune channels.

However, tuners 3 and 4 show up strangely. On the working DVB-S, the tuner device is shown under 2 directory levels, whereas on the non-working DVB-S tuner, it shows under 1 and has a 'folder' name (if that makes sense). The upshot is that I cannot assign a network to these tuners so I'm down to 2x rather than 4x DVB-S tuners.

Any thoughts on this appreciated!

devices.PNG

DVB.PNG

4 hours ago, meep said:

I have a TVHeadEnd hardware config question hopefully someone cn help me with....

Until recently, I was running TvHeadEnd in a plugin with my Digital Devices Octopus and DVB-T and DVB-S tuners all running on UnRaid DVB Edition. A recent power cut brought down my server and, on restart, I couldn't get my DVB-T tuners to work (they showed up OK but didn't receive a signal).

Having planned for some time to migrate to this Docker, I figured this was the opportunity to bite the bullet.

I updated unRAID DVB to 6.3.2 and installed the docker. DVB Edition reports all my tuners present but when I look at the TvAdapters tab  of TVHeadEnd, there's an oddity. (images attached)

Tuners 0 and 1 are DVB-T and they work OK.

Tuners 2 and 5 are on one Octopus daughtercard and they show up and tune channels.

However, tuners 3 and 4 show up strangely. On the working DVB-S, the tuner device is shown under 2 directory levels, whereas on the non-working DVB-S tuner, it shows under 1 and has a 'folder' name (if that makes sense). The upshot is that I cannot assign a network to these tuners so I'm down to 2x rather than 4x DVB-S tuners.

Any thoughts on this appreciated!

devices.PNG

DVB.PNG

This is most likely something to do with the dvb drivers and not tvheadend I think. 

You updated unraid and it have a new kernel. Did the driver version also change?

Is anyone else using mkv recording profile? The mkv files tvheadend is producing can't be "seeked" on my Win10 PC with VLC.

Also comskip is not generating .edl files when mkv profile is selected.

I've switched to passthrough and can now seek and generate .edl files (which vlc can't make use of so now switched to smplayer) but I'd like to switch back to mkv if possible.

Has anyone been able to resolve the "seek" and edl issues I've experienced?

1 hour ago, Zan said:

Is anyone else using mkv recording profile? The mkv files tvheadend is producing can't be "seeked" on my Win10 PC with VLC.

Also comskip is not generating .edl files when mkv profile is selected.

I've switched to passthrough and can now seek and generate .edl files (which vlc can't make use of so now switched to smplayer) but I'd like to switch back to mkv if possible.

Has anyone been able to resolve the "seek" and edl issues I've experienced?

What do you mean by seek? To fast forward or just click somewhere on the time line to jump there? Both is working fine with Kodi and media player classic, so it looks like a VLC problem. 

As for comskip, I think it was working when I tested it on mkv. I would have to check it when I have time in the weekend. 

Hi,

just wondering if someone using this container can tell me how and if you are able to shutdown your server and still be able to wake it up automatically for your recordings?

Am I right that this may not be possible using Docker?

Edited by Marv
19 minutes ago, Marv said:

Hi,

just wondering if someone using this container can tell me how and if you are able to shutdown your server and still be able to wake it up automatically for your recordings?

Am I right that this may not be possible using Docker?

I know it's possible with the plugin, but as of now it's not possible with the container. 

On 3/3/2017 at 7:17 PM, saarg said:

This is most likely something to do with the dvb drivers and not tvheadend I think. 

You updated unraid and it have a new kernel. Did the driver version also change?

So it turns out it may be TVHeadEnd after all.

I reverted to the 4.09 Stable Docker (I had initially installed Default/Latest in which I had the described problem). Immediately, the tuners all showed up as I would expect:

58bf2f9519fa7_ScreenShot2017-03-07at22_01_03.png.12634b10a48d8ce9be2ae3a7b9ae7cae.png

I ran the Docker update and now I'm on tvheadend 4.1.x. Don't quite understand how that happened but the tuners are still correctly displayed. This is on the latest unRAID DVB 6.3.2 (stock DD drivers);

58bf2fb43273b_ScreenShot2017-03-07at22_04_36.png.aa61a5c98aad424de70b587b6701ea1e.png

So I guess the question is, why would the Default/Latest TVH Docker have the problem and the older version dos not?

2 minutes ago, meep said:

So it turns out it may be TVHeadEnd after all.

I reverted to the 4.09 Stable Docker (I had initially installed Default/Latest in which I had the described problem). Immediately, the tuners all showed up as I would expect:

So I guess the question is, why would the Default/Latest TVH Docker have the problem and the older version dos not?

I dunno, over to @saarg but I'm glad I never sent the strongly worded email to Digital Devices that I had drafted awaiting more info from you..... :$